Brain Teases.

sakuragirl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Brad walked through the front door and almost tripped over his wife. She was on her hands and knees with her face inches from the floor. 'Oh, Brad,' she pouted. 'The diamond fell out of my wedding ring and I lost it! I've been searching for hours! Our house is so big, it could be anywhere!' Brad calmly took her in his arms and told her it would be okay. "I bet I'll find your diamond in the very first place I look.' How did he manage this when he had no idea where the diamond was?"

He just doesn't look for it.

Diamond riddle:

This is not a complete thought, but ...

Could the wife be blind searching for her ring in a dark house (she did not turn on the lights)? Hubby comes home (it's dark so he almost trips over her). He'll turn on the lights when he tries to look for the diamond, which will give him an advantage. But why does he think he'll find it in the first place he looks? Here's where I get iffy. Did he step on it as he entered the house, or as he put his foot down after nearly tripping over his wife?

(Sorry, I'm wrong. It was not a complete thought when I started typing, but then as I typed the first part, I came up with the idea that Hubby stepped on it in the darkened room which completed my possible solution.)

Edited by Webster
Added the last parenthetical paragraph

Close enough, he vacuums the house and finds it in the vacuum bag.

Vacuuming occurred to me, but I've actually looked for things via the dig-through-the-vacuum-bag method, and I know there's no way he'd find a diamond using that method. So I went with the sweeping instead. :D

"George lay awake in bed for an hour while counting, but he couldn't fall asleep. Why?"

Uh, because he wasn't tired?