What can we do to help these people?

semodex

This is a story about people in rural Alaska struggling to survive....$22 for a dozen eggs...$10 for a gallon of milk...$400 for groceries after an hour and 15 minute snowmobile ride to get to the store...my heart goes out to these people that have to pick between warmth and food....send some of that stimulus money their way....

In rural Alaska villages, families struggle to survive - CNN.com

Sounds like it is something that the Alaska Government needs to help with ... I know funds could be redirected to help in this.... also They need to start some kinda co-op buying to bring the price down...

Having dehydrated items shipped/ dry eggs, powdered milk, etc. would help also... As always when you live in a remote area it costs more.... I feel moe blessed we live 50 miles from town so it costs more here if you want to buy at the local little store ... We plan and shop once a month for most things and more often for perishables every other week. Living where we do makes the sacrifices we make worth it....... I would hate to live in a town/city

Edited by prospectmom

There is starvation worldwide...the thing that get me is that these people are supposed to be protected and taken care of by OUR government....sigh, I know...I'm really naive

Not naive....compassionate.