Birthday card writer

AngelLynn

I think the Sprit works in very unusual ways as I was siting in Relief Society, last sunday the presidency was talking about the sisters whose birthdays were this month. Anyway I was thinking to myself someone really ought to give these sisters birthday cards.

Five hours later....

The Relief society president calls me and asks me would I be intrested in sending birthday cards to the sisters whose birthdays are during the month. I am suppose to write something that might cheer them up and celebrate their birthday. :)

Anyway, could somebody give me any websites where I could come up with some good quotes or something nice that might make a sister in the ward's day for their birthday.

Hidden

Let me share something with you when we speak up in meeting being filled with the Holy Ghost and then later, the leadership will make those changes according to your advise.

When Elder Oaks was called as an apostle of the Lord and in his early days, meeting as a council with the First Presidency, there was a question that was offered by the First Presidency to the council. Elder Oaks specialty was in this area and more so, than other brethren in the room. They voted and a consensus was reached an accord among them. Elder Oaks felt it the answer was not the appropriate one to choose for the church. One of the Apostles looked over to this newly Apostle and asked what was wrong noting his facial expression was not the usual self. Elder Oaks noting his newly called position, refrained from answering seeing other brethren had seniority. The First Presidency joined in and asks Elder Oaks for his advice on the group’s decision. Elder Oaks explained to them it was not the appropriate path to take. The prophet ponders on what Elder Oaks gave and humbly told him to not hold back his opinions. He also told him, that the Lord was the one that called him to that position for a purpose.

At times when we do share something that we fell is inspiring and through those precious moments of being attuned to the Holy Ghost, we should offer our opinion. Yes! The leadership may not listen in the beginning but it opens the door to allow the Spirit to work with them.

To make it personal, I would use Microsoft Publisher. Not hard to learn but makes perfect programs, birthday cards, and so on.

I think the Sprit works in very unusual ways as I was siting in Relief Society, last sunday the presidency was talking about the sisters whose birthdays were this month. Anyway I was thinking to myself someone really ought to give these sisters birthday cards.

Five hours later....

The Relief society president calls me and asks me would I be intrested in sending birthday cards to the sisters whose birthdays are during the month. I am suppose to write something that might cheer them up and celebrate their birthday. :)

Anyway, could somebody give me any websites where I could come up with some good quotes or something nice that might make a sister in the ward's day for their birthday.

Let me share something with you when we speak up in meeting being filled with the Holy Ghost and then later, the leadership will make those changes according to your advise.

When Elder Oaks was called as an apostle of the Lord and in his early days, meeting as a council with the First Presidency, there was a question that was offered by the First Presidency to the council. Elder Oaks specialty was in this area and more so, than other brethren in the room. They voted and a consensus was reached an accord among them. Elder Oaks felt it the answer was not the appropriate one to choose for the church. One of the Apostles looked over to this newly Apostle and asked what was wrong noting his facial expression was not the usual self. Elder Oaks noting his newly called position, refrained from answering seeing other brethren had seniority. The First Presidency joined in and asks Elder Oaks for his advice on the group’s decision. Elder Oaks explained to them it was not the appropriate path to take. The prophet ponders on what Elder Oaks gave and humbly told him to not hold back his opinions. He also told him, that the Lord was the one that called him to that position for a purpose.

At times when we do share something that we fell is inspiring and through those precious moments of being attuned to the Holy Ghost, we should offer our opinion. Yes! The leadership may not listen in the beginning but it opens the door to allow the Spirit to work with them.

To make it personal, I would use Microsoft Publisher. Not hard to learn but makes perfect programs, birthday cards, and so on.

Those are awesome and so perfect for something like this. Wish I had had something like this to reference when I used to do this kind of thing.

• Guest locked this topic