Goodness says Hi !

Guest GoodnessGracious

Guest GoodnessGracious

Hi All,

I am an inactive mormon and go occasionally. I haven't seen a lot of sites regarding inactive mormons except those who've left or who are anti-mormon. There ought to be a site where inactive members can turn who still believe but for one reason or another don't attend regularly or not at all.

I was once very active. I have had beautiful conversion experiences related to Deity. What I would like to see is some type of buddy system set up so that inactive mormons can buddy up with someone who is active and go to church as they see fit. Sometimes missionaries mean well but some inactives would like to go at a pace they feel comfortable with.

Sincerely

GoodnessGracious

Hi All,

I am an inactive mormon and go occasionally. I haven't seen a lot of sites regarding inactive mormons except those who've left or who are anti-mormon. There ought to be a site where inactive members can turn who still believe but for one reason or another don't attend regularly or not at all.

I was once very active. I have had beautiful conversion experiences related to Deity. What I would like to see is some type of buddy system set up so that inactive mormons can buddy up with someone who is active and go to church as they see fit. Sometimes missionaries mean well but some inactives would like to go at a pace they feel comfortable with.

Sincerely

GoodnessGracious

Buddy system? Then you are on the right forum. :)

Hey Goodness.

Welcome to the site. I too was inactive for awhile. And most of it was because I felt like I couldn't handle the pressures of life at times. For me it was being in school. But I considered myself a member, just that I couldn't seem to fit the pressures of being in school and handle all the things that came with church. I still had a connection to members in the church though and even though I wasn't too active I had a VT partner, which wisely enough the Relief Society saw to it that it was my own mom. So I couldn't exactly say no to her about visiting people. :P

I am now becomeing more active in church. But I can understand about being on your own schedule and your own pace. I guess I am still going at my own pace at times.

Welcome to the forum.

Guest missingsomething

I too was inactive for a few years. It was very difficult to "get back" but slowly I yielded and each week became easier. People here are generally open and forgiving. Welcome!