Me And Shakespeare

Snow

Originally posted by john doe@Dec 25 2004, 11:07 PM

Hay, can I use that? I especially like the "highly competent spouse" part. I better hide the frying pan before saying anything like that, though, or I may end up with it landing on the side of my head.

<span style=\'color:blue\'>Whoosh!

(that was the frying pan on the head of Snow!)

Snow you have to be the most aragant B I have ever come across!

Originally posted by Amillia@Dec 26 2004, 06:38 PM

Whoosh!

(that was the frying pan on the head of Snow!)

Snow you have to be the most aragant B I have ever come across!

The most what?

Arbalest? That's a medieval crossbow. If you are going to insult me, try and use modifiers from the Renaissance onward.

So Peace, does you think that my wife was upset and took after me with a frying pan, or some other form of archaic weaponry or does you spoose she shook her head gently, gave a slight roll of the eyes, carressed my cheek, kissed me and told me that she loved me too?

Whaddaya think that your dealing wit an amateur here?

Originally posted by Snow@Dec 25 2004, 09:11 PM

What I wrote in my wife's Christmas card:

Dearest,

You are a highly competent spouse. You possess more than adequate skills in many and varied ways. If I were to design a soul-mate from the ground up, she would be a close approximation of you.

With love forever,

Snow

I think that this is pretty funny. I think snow's wife loves him in spite of this card. :lol:

If my husband were to take the time to do something like this it would blow my socks off. When ever my husband does something out of the ordinary, I think that he may be buttering me up for something and I am usually right. ;)

Hey Snow, did you draw her any pictures?

Originally posted by Tr2@Dec 27 2004, 01:01 PM

You are a highly competent spouse. You possess more than adequate skills in many and varied ways

You make her sound more like your employee rather than your wife that you love and cherish. I guess we all treat our wives differently.

Louis, Louie, Lewis...

You have made a ginormous error. You are just a-trying to hurt my feelings and insult me, a noble goal certainly but your effort was so short of the mark that it can't be worth the 35 minutes it took you to come up with your snappy retort. Here's why:

1. You incorrectly imagined that I don't and didn't do bunches of normal/romantic/endearing/heartfelt stuffola for my wife and instead did this and this alone.

2. You incorrectly imagined that my wife doesn't get my sense of humor - admittedly an aquired taste but one bright types get fairly easily.

3. Your unspoken proposistion is that we/I believe you when you say you love and cherish your wife in a way that I don't toward my own wife. First, I don't consider you a credible reporter, two, you have no idea how I treat my wife, three, I don't consider you a credible reporte, four, there is no number four.

4. Your attempted insult relies upon the assumption that I respect/care what you say and therefore will gets my feelings all hurted when you criticize me. Hombre a hombre Lewis let me ask... does you really think that be the case?

5. Refer to number 6.

6. There is no number 6.

7. Just kidding, our friendship goes way too deep for me to really believe that you would ever try and offend me Lewie.

• 2 weeks later...

You have made a ginormous error. You are just a-trying to hurt my feelings and insult me, a noble goal certainly but your effort was so short of the mark that it can't be worth the 35 minutes it took you to come up with your snappy retort. Here's why:

I'm not your wife, don't speak down to me as you do her.

1. You incorrectly imagined that I don't and didn't do bunches of normal/romantic/endearing/heartfelt stuffola for my wife and instead did this and this alone.

So you are the type of guy to try and buy his wife's love huh? I guess the American Express Card is a great thing huh.

2. You incorrectly imagined that my wife doesn't get my sense of humor - admittedly an aquired taste but one bright types get fairly easily.

I would hope that this is all a joke and you don't honestly say such things to your wife.

3. Your unspoken proposistion is that we/I believe you when you say you love and cherish your wife in a way that I don't toward my own wife. First, I don't consider you a credible reporter, two, you have no idea how I treat my wife, three, I don't consider you a credible reporte, four, there is no number four.

I know one thing for certain. If you did actually write such a thing to your wife in a Christmas card, and it actually meant something to her, then your marriage needs a major overhaul. I had more intimate things to say when I was dating my wife after 1 month.

4. Your attempted insult relies upon the assumption that I respect/care what you say and therefore will gets my feelings all hurted when you criticize me. Hombre a hombre Lewis let me ask... does you really think that be the case?

I know you don't care what anybody thinks. You are elite in your own world and see yourself as better than everybody else in it. Why would you care what anybody else thinks. You're preparing for your godhood aren't you?

Originally posted by Setheus@Jan 4 2005, 09:36 PM

Tr2 you are what is referred to as a ___.

The only time I have seen someone get so ruffled is when they are jealous.

Are you jealous of Snow's wife? :huh:

Who are you and why are you addressing me as though I asked for your opinion?

Originally posted by Tr2+Jan 9 2005, 11:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tr2 @ Jan 9 2005, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Jan 4 2005, 09:36 PM

Tr2 you are what is referred to as a ___.

The only time I have seen someone get so ruffled is when they are jealous.

Are you jealous of Snow's wife? :huh:

Who are you and why are you addressing me as though I asked for your opinion?

Okay Trident, good.

That was a forceful yet veiled comeback. A bit obvious, but still - a nice effort. You were supercilious and condescending without resorting a name calling.

I give it a 7. (We are still on the 10 point scale aren't we?)

Just a few minor criticisms: it comes across as a bit plastic, you already know who Setheus is , you have been insulting him for over a year and you know why he is addressing you - because you are jealous of my wife, but still... a nice effort.