how do I put this...???

lestertheemt

Since I'm a guy I don't know if it is appropriate to stick my two cents in but....

I think it is wrong for them to come over unannounced. And it should fit your schedule as well as theirs. But.....

I work night shift and sleep during the day for the last 8 years. I don't see the problem with having them over when he is sleeping. Us men are not supposed to be listening in anyway. My wife has had hers over when I'm asleep. Does this mean you never have friends or family or kids around when he is asleep? If so what's the difference?

In the end however, it is not for me to say, if you are not happy then talk to the RS President.

This is an old thread (I wonder how it worked out?), but here are my two cents.

My husband used to work nights, and I tried not to have anyone over when he was sleeping. The doorbell sets the dog to barking and the kids to running, and the living room shares a wall with the master bedroom. It just didn't work well, given our household and the layout of our home.