hello everyone

Guest kulds

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have to apologize first for not introducing myself when I first made this account; unfortunately procrastination is the bane of my life.

I was born in the boot hills of Missouri and somehow ended up spending most of my life in Kansas. I never served on a mission like many others have but I have hopes that someday I will be useful in that capacity.

I have been a member of the church as long as I can remember, but I grew up in a quasi-LDS family and therefore I became a quasi-LDS adult. I never read the Book of Mormon fully until I was a tin can sailor in the middle of the Sea of Japan. Somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (and writing hate mail to my Naval Recruiter concerning his definition of “seeing the world”) I had a friend of mine who was devout LDS who challenged me, and a couple of other guys, to read the entire BoM over our six month deployment. After getting pulled into the scriptures (Second Nephi was a little hard to get through) I would ask questions on a daily basis on questions I had, some for the first time. After having read about three weeks I closed the last page in Moroni, I thought for a moment, and I confronted my friend that he had tricked me into reading the entire BoM. I have to admit though; if I had to do it over I would not change the results.

I like the Church, I like reading my scriptures, but my problem is that I can’t seem to keep doing both at the same time for a period of longer than six months. Like I said before, I’m a quasi-member. I go to church until I get bored, I get mad at something someone said to me, or until something life changing is about to happen. I fall off the radar like a UFO for about 6 to 8 months and then I go again for about the same length of time. What I hope to accomplish is that someday I’ll go to Church and just keep going. I hate having to be introduced over again and having to explain to other members “where I’ve been all this time.” I usually get to a point to where I think something in my life is about to change and then I quit going. I don’t know if I attribute my inactivity to a lack of commitment, loss of interest, or sometimes I think the adversary doesn’t want me to get that far.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi. Any helpful suggestions don’t be afraid to share them.

Scott....

welcome. we all need to find where we fit in in life, especially in the church. im there right now. here is the key, or at least what i have found to be my key, i know what i need to do, as you know what you need to do. just finding that niche is the hard part. this is a great forum for help. just ask and people will help.

:)Life is full of struggles of one kind or another. It seems your struggle is staying active. I have found for myself, to keep me involved in a meeting, especially one that is dry is to try to find something in it that I can use to make me a better person. That really upped my intrest in going to church when I was struggling to be there. It even made me want to read more. I still have much more work to do, especially now that I have gone on the road with my husband to drive 18 wheelers and it is much harder to get to church. It takes a lot more personal study. The Lord doesn't expect us to be perfect, but to just keep working on improving ourselves. Jean