His third year will either shut up the believers or the nonbelievers

jolee65

Nothing will shut up a believer. Some people will believe Obama's stimulus plan failed and added time and depth to the recession, others will believe his plan worked, and kept the recession from being even worse and longer. You'll get Nobel Lauriette economists publishing papers on both sides of the issue.

Economics stinks.

OK, I know I've posted a lot on the Obama threads lately, and I'm trying to quit. ;)

But I did want to post a link to the following analysis of Bush's vs. Obama's spending habits. Not sure what I think about it, exactly; but it seemed interesting:

Who are the Big Spenders?

Just a note about failed economic theories. To a Democrat it means anything that came from a Republican. To a Republican it means anything that comes from a Democrat. If we want a bipartisan government we will have to get rid of all the Republicans and Democrats. That is because to the two most powerful parties it is about power and not policies.

Both parties will praise their own members for what they will condemn the members in the other party

The Traveler

Nothing will shut up a believer. Some people will believe Obama's stimulus plan failed and added time and depth to the recession, others will believe his plan worked, and kept the recession from being even worse and longer. You'll get Nobel Lauriette economists publishing papers on both sides of the issue.

Economics stinks.

Where do I apply for a grant to study this issue? I think I need about 8 years and about 25 million ought to cover it.

lets hope he has some tricks up his sleeve cause he,s gonna need a lot them to straigten out this horrible mess bush has left us in.:)

:huh::huh::coocoo:

You might look back a bit farther than Bush if you are gonna blame a President or you could blame the Democrats in Congress, they have in fact been in control of Congress for over two years.....or you could blame greed or even the lenders who made a huge market in sub prime lending and the people who were fleeced into over extending themselves. That would be much more honest. You are aware that this is a global crisis aren't you???? Is Bush also responsible for the economic crisis that exists worldwide????

Edited by bytor2112

Bush did some spending , I know that but we cant expect this to have happened in two terms it has happened over a decade or more, one president after another making mistakes over spending unfair trades, messing with the market to persuade voters one is better then the other , its a big mess and we're going to know once and for all why we needed to have a years supply of food.

well our guy can't blame anyone else when he took over our economy was stable, debt was being paid off an a war chest built up - he spent the war chest and increased the debt. He really shouldn't now be dealing with a major recession like my Parents have never seen in their lifetime

-Charley

You are aware that this is a global crisis aren't you???? Is Bush also responsible for the economic crisis that exists worldwide????

Of course he is. What happens in America affects the global community, and when our economy finally imploded, which had been predicted by many, of course it caused a global crisis.

From a 2004 OpEd, the America's Red Ink,

The International Monetary Fund has long been accused of failing to sound the alarm before countries with reckless fiscal policies implode.

So it was nice to see staff members of the fund's Western Hemisphere department hold a press conference last week to publicize one nation's worrisome trends, which threaten foreign investors and the global economy.

Who was in for the scolding? Haiti? Argentina? Mexico? Not exactly. It's the United States the fund is worried about. An economic slowdown and President Bush's huge tax cuts conspired to swing America's federal budget from a surplus of 2.5 percent of gross domestic product in 2000 to a deficit of some 4 percent in 2003. Add the states' own budget shortfalls and the country's trade deficit, the I.M.F. report notes, and the United States faces an "unprecedented level of external debt for a large industrial country."

Robert Rubin, the former Treasury secretary, and Donald Kohn, a Federal Reserve governor, have also railed against the deficit in recent days. But there is something humbling about hearing it from an international organization charged with monitoring economies on the brink.

Continually denying Bush is to blame for this crisis is obtuse. Of course it’s not all his fault, nothing ever is. But what is true is that his economic polices exacerbated the problems he inherited, of puny proportion compared to what he’s left Obama. And many, many people warned him of this, but as was usual for him, he refused to listen.

From Paul Krugman:

No More Excuses on Jobs

March 12, 2004

As job growth continues to elude the U.S. economy, we're hearing two main excuses from the Bush administration and its supporters: that the real situation is much better than you're hearing, and that to the extent employment is lagging, it's the result of factors outside the administration's control. But after three years of extravagant promises and dismal results, the time for excuses has passed.

. . . .

In short, things aren't as bad as they seem; they're worse. But should we blame the Bush administration? Yes — because it refuses to learn from experience.

Franklin Roosevelt, in his efforts to combat economic woes, was famously willing to try anything until he found something that worked. George Bush, by contrast, seems determined to try the same thing, over and over again.

In 2001 the administration rammed through long-term tax cuts, heavily tilted toward the affluent. But employment didn't turn around, and by late 2002 many economists — including supporters of the original tax cut — were urging it to try something different.

My own piece, "My Economic Plan," was fairly typical: I called for extended unemployment benefits, temporary aid to state and local governments, and rebates for low- and middle-income workers.

Maybe this more or less textbook response to a depressed economy wouldn't have worked. But we'll never know, because the administration rejected all such proposals. Instead, it went for a clone of the 2001 tax cut — another big break mainly for those at the top. And once again this failed to deliver the promised jobs.

Meanwhile, Mr. Bush has mortgaged the nation's future. If all of his tax cuts are made permanent, they'll reduce revenue by at least three times the amount that would be needed to secure Social Security benefits at current levels for the next 75 years.

No sensible person blames Mr. Bush for the onset of the recession in 2001.

But he does deserve blame for the fact that all he has to show for three years of supposed job-creation policies is a mountain of debt.

We are, this moment, in the midst of all the economic disasters you predict will result from Obama’s stimulus plan. It’s not going to happen--it is happening, as we speak.

No one knows, including you, what Obama’s stimulus package will do. But we do know what Bush’s did, and it was a catastrophe. Of course this implosion is global, and absolutely Bush deserves the bulk of the blame. He put the events into motion long before there was a Democratic Congress, and we are paying for his ignorance today.

I understand you're concerned about Obama's stimulus package making the economy much worse; however to claim Obama is going to lead us to an economic doomsday is to ignore the fact that Bush already has.

Elphaba

It is deeper than that.

Bush's father had a talk of a New World Order. This is the evil that is talked of by jesus. Wolves who come in sheep's clothing. Revelations is beginning to come true.

but as a member of the church it is better to focus on church,But it is wise to know that evil has corrupted our nation.Bush is not on our side and never was. Obama never was. He is a deciever of satan just like bush.

When someone doesnt obey just push fear on them and they will act a children.

Hitler and many other dictators and kings have done this. It has been going on for decades. WAR=Money

FEAR=new policies and ruling.

Thats why we have prophets and apostles with a divine authority to let us know what is going on. Food Storage is upmost importance right now. I think i know why? If we go to war with iran seek cover...Blast from the past tells alot. as well as indiana jones(fake complex set up for an atomic bomb test)

Here the proof that something bad will occur

Listen to our leaders

American Prophecy - 3

jospeh smith tells of the economic collapse and read the others as they will come to pass.

The prophet has warned about tv and movies. They have evil influences.