Where are you from?

hordak

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not a Texan either. I just live here. I'm from Maryland originally. The city I associate myself with bounces back and forth between DC and Baltimore depending on my mood. I lived fairly close to both.

oh yeah! my sister *mightynancy* was born in Baltimore..oh wait. Was it Wisconsin? huh! How funny is it that I don't know that? lol! Well..my brother Don Miguel was born in Baltimore! (that I do know... shhhh...don't tell mighty) I was the only one of us kids born in California. oh wait! Jake was born there too.. jeesh! how many of us are there?? :lol:

I tell people I'm from California...just living in Texas for a spell :)

Yup, I know the feeling! Heaven forbid someone assumes that you're a native of the place that you're currently living huh! I'm a native Californian who hasn't lived there since I was 19 with no immediate or long term plans to find myself back in my hometown permanently. It'll probably be the thing that I say for the rest of my life though. I just can't seem to give up the California Girl title that I've claimed ever since I realized that the Beach Boys were singing about ME!

I've always specified that I'm from Northern California and the assumption is usually San Francisco, which is usually fine with me - close enough! If someone is familiar with the Bay Area, they'll ask further for specifics. If they're not but still want to know, the best answer is - about an hour north of SF, in the wine/redwood country. Then they ask, "Napa?"

Honor: "Nope, Sonoma County..."

No matter how interested the person might be, they've just probably never heard of Santa Rosa, let alone Windsor or Healdsburg.

Guest missingsomething

I always answer.... THE ARMPIT OF THE US! Then if they prompt further... I just say PA... again.. if they push... I say NEPA (north east PA).

Although I did grow up in Punxsutawney PA (yeah...Groundhogs Day)... and I only bring that up because there are some crazy stories I could share :)

I always answer.... THE ARMPIT OF THE US! Then if they prompt further... I just say PA... again.. if they push... I say NEPA (north east PA).

Although I did grow up in Punxsutawney PA (yeah...Groundhogs Day)... and I only bring that up because there are some crazy stories I could share :)

AS SOON as you said armpit I knew you meant PA!!!:lol:

nope armpit of the universe is definitely the Mojave Desert lol

I say I am from Norway, originally from Finland and they say... no..way!

And I also explain that we have icebears... in the zoo. And Finland at least a few years ago had the biggest internett connection in the world.:D

Edited by Maya

I was born in Igloo, SD (hence the Iggy), moved to Seattle WA when I was 18 months old. Then moved to Bremerton WA when I was 19. Then to Burns OR for 18 months, back to Seattle. Actually I was raised in Ballard in Seattle. Yah Sure!

Got married, traveled the 8 states of the West Coast and also across the country to New York state and back to Oregon, then settled in Waldport OR. Lived there for 25 years. Divorced, remarried, moved to Casa Grande AZ.

As soon as we recover the losses to our Edward Jones account, I am moving back to Waldport OR. This heat here is killing me- I have never had so many rashes and infections at one time in my entire life!!

If I'm in the states I'm always specific and say Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; so if one name is not familiar another one might be - it's usually Canada. Something like the "How I met your Mother" episode when Robin is showing her friends news footage of when she started off in Canada (a blizzard in the middle of August :)) and they read "Red Deer" on the screen and her friends are confused so Robin says "Alberta" and they're still confused so then she says "Canada" and then they're not confused anymore. :)

I know where Red Deer is! I have a very very dear friend that lives in Stettler.

When people ask where I'm from I say Idaho, and that's usually that since hardly anyone knows any cities here. I don't blame them, but it is funny when people in the national media try to pronounce 'Boise' or cassia.

Guest missingsomething

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you pale!!! Someone who laughs at my jokes! You must be have been shoved in a closet for quite some time to think Im funny :) By the way? ... is it my turn to RE? :huh:

Guest SisterofJared

If the question is where are you FROM:

California, Arizona, Maryland, Texas, Pennsyvania, Colorado, New Mexico, Germany, Idaho, Utah, and soon I will be FROM Washington, because I am moving from Washington back to Arizona. Can't stand another year of rain. (Or of stinking liberal politics.)

Sister of Jared

If the question is where are you FROM:

California, Arizona, Maryland, Texas, Pennsyvania, Colorado, New Mexico, Germany, Idaho, Utah, and soon I will be FROM Washington, because I am moving from Washington back to Arizona. Can't stand another year of rain. (Or of stinking liberal politics.)

Sister of Jared

I wanted to laugh and say thank you for this post.....:D:D

If I’m asked where I live by someone not familiar with Utah, I say Salt Lake City, but that’s only because “Ogden” is a dorky name, and it might tarnish my reputation of greatness if someone thinks I chose to live in a city with a dorky name.

Elphaba

Pale will remain speechless....on a side note....Ogden was my first Temple....thats where I went before I went to the MTC....:D