Concerning the Second Coming

yenni

I know that no one knows the hour when the Saviour shall come again. But I was wondering, do you think it expedient to say, pray for the hastening of the Second Coming. I know it's going to come when it's gonna come, but is it possible to act in ways to make it happen sooner, so to speak? My Blessing said something along the lines of "hastening the day when Jesus would come again"

Along the lines of hastening the Second Coming, is it possible to be delayed because we're just not ready as Saints to receive Him?

I know that no one knows the hour when the Saviour shall come again. But I was wondering, do you think it expedient to say, pray for the hastening of the Second Coming. I know it's going to come when it's gonna come, but is it possible to act in ways to make it happen sooner, so to speak? My Blessing said something along the lines of "hastening the day when Jesus would come again"

Along the lines of hastening the Second Coming, is it possible to be delayed because we're just not ready as Saints to receive Him?

The New Jerusalem has to be built and the true saints of God consecrated.

Sometimes the scriptures are translated and interpreted in a manner that gives false impressions. The first day of the Hebrew year was a grand celebration and feast. The first day of the year was the first day after the first Sabbath (Sabbath being Saturday) following the first new moon after the vernal equinox. These are the signs of the New Year but there must be two expert witnesses (note the number 2 witnesses) must come before a judge and testify that they had witnessed the vernal equinox and the new moon. Have I confused anyone yet?

On the night that the two witnesses had been heard a messenger was sent to a hillside East of Jerusalem where a fire would be lit as the final sign that following the next Sabbath the New Year and the great feast would begin. Because the sign must be given before the New Year and feast; often when a stranger was in Jerusalem and asked when the New Year feast would take place it was common to respond with – “No man knows the hour or the day”. However if the sky was cloudy making a new moon difficult or impossible to see the common saying was – “No man knows the hour or the day, not even the angels of heaven but G-d only.”

Jesus made reference to these events and the saying surrounding them to speak in a parable concerning his second coming. This that a loyal Jew that believed in Christ and understood the signs would be prepared for the very day he would return. But the world that interprets only the surface of scripture would be confused and not prepare or understand when the signs are given.

One last point – I believe it is wise to pray that the time of great destruction that will precede the second coming be shortened as well as hastened.

The Traveler

You dont ask fer much do ya? {just kidding}:)

The time frame comes when it comes. I don't really think there is anything we can do to delay it or make it come any quicker. God is one of order, not just rolling the dice hoping he can come tomorrow.

I know he's not and I wasn't trying to imply that he was. My thought process when asking this was the early Saints in the history of our church who were tried to give a higher law to lie and not ready. And again same with Moses' people who could have had the higher law then but weren't ready for it so in essence delayed the higher law.

Just to complete the scripture that was quoted you left out an important part

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

i know that i dont know but the spirit has made me feel that it is on its way.I think, can the world get worse?Truthfully it will because the bible tells us and there was a prophet who had a dream that the world was destroyed and basically people were acting like animals, while woman and children headed for the mountains.(If someone could please find the youtube video of it would be great)we have ww3 upon us and we still dont have a couple things but the way america is going and the world i feel like the beast is almost upon us but yet no anti-christ,but its coming.

From my perspective, this is where i feel the power of god comes into play because lets be honest,all religions will come to light and show which was made by the hand of god and which ones was made by the hands of satan. i honestly feel that pride will be strip and truth shown. Its crazy to think like that but i feel god will show us and that is the reality of it. So i have been scripture reading and praying before and after...

It coming lets us be prepare even me.

Ive fallen astray and to deep, but right now im working and getting my life straight. i ve committed sins that im not proud of. I thought i knew and needed to learn on my own.That is one of the worst mistakes of my life to have such thinking.I want God to know that i will never nor should I have done such a thing and know im wanting to prove that i need him and want him to be by me at all times so im trying to learn how to listen to the spirit,i hope that im forgiven.

The second coming is a reality and i hope that im starting to show my true colors...Jesus lives and is the light of the world and our savior. God does lives and loves us as is willing to help if we ask for him. May none of you think your wisdom is as mighty,lets not boast on the wisdoms of men but wisdoms given by the power of god.For any sinners out there that feel the spirit. Heed to spirit and know that he loves us all equally and wants us all to be like him.even you.

Jesus taught us to pray for the Second Coming: Thy Kingdom Come, they will be done...

I do believe we should pray for the 2nd Coming and Millennium to come. I believe that as we focus on such things, we tend to prepare ourselves more diligently. Too often we are as the world, thinking that the Lord delays his return, and so we don't need to be diligent.

I reject the concept of hoping it isn't soon, so that others will have more time to prepare. The Lord has promised to cut the time short, for the sake of the elect, so that are not destroyed. If we delay the harvest too long, then the wheat will rot in the fields, choked out by the tares.

The Lord knows when the time is right. Our job is to earnestly seek for His day.

Jesus taught us to pray for the Second Coming: Thy Kingdom Come, they will be done...

I do believe we should pray for the 2nd Coming and Millennium to come. I believe that as we focus on such things, we tend to prepare ourselves more diligently. Too often we are as the world, thinking that the Lord delays his return, and so we don't need to be diligent.

I reject the concept of hoping it isn't soon, so that others will have more time to prepare. The Lord has promised to cut the time short, for the sake of the elect, so that are not destroyed. If we delay the harvest too long, then the wheat will rot in the fields, choked out by the tares.

The Lord knows when the time is right. Our job is to earnestly seek for His day.

This explains pretty well how I see it.

Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those adays shall be shortened.

Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:20 And except those days should be shortened, there should none of their flesh be asaved; but for the elect’s sake, according to the bcovenant, those days shall be shortened.

Palmoni Scrolls

Here are some scriptures that you would be interested concerning the shortening of the time until the second coming. Please also check out the website drawing as it goes through the seven seal dates. If your Blessing really said what it said you are going to want to take a look at the drawing scripture by scripture.

~Angel Palmoni~

Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those adays shall be shortened.

Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:20 And except those days should be shortened, there should none of their flesh be asaved; but for the elect’s sake, according to the bcovenant, those days shall be shortened.

Palmoni Scrolls

Here are some scriptures that you would be interested concerning the shortening of the time until the second coming. Please also check out the website drawing as it goes through the seven seal dates. If your Blessing really said what it said you are going to want to take a look at the drawing scripture by scripture.

~Angel Palmoni~

Are these "scrolls" you've written just to expound your views of the gospel, or do you believe you received them from God to share with us?

I'm always interested in a person's spiritual opinions on things. I'm always cautious on a person's revelations being taught to me.

Just to complete the scripture that was quoted you left out an important part

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

i know that i dont know but the spirit has made me feel that it is on its way.I think, can the world get worse?Truthfully it will because the bible tells us and there was a prophet who had a dream that the world was destroyed and basically people were acting like animals, while woman and children headed for the mountains.(If someone could please find the youtube video of it would be great)we have ww3 upon us and we still dont have a couple things but the way america is going and the world i feel like the beast is almost upon us but yet no anti-christ,but its coming.

From my perspective, this is where i feel the power of god comes into play because lets be honest,all religions will come to light and show which was made by the hand of god and which ones was made by the hands of satan. i honestly feel that pride will be strip and truth shown. Its crazy to think like that but i feel god will show us and that is the reality of it. So i have been scripture reading and praying before and after...

It coming lets us be prepare even me.

Ive fallen astray and to deep, but right now im working and getting my life straight. i ve committed sins that im not proud of. I thought i knew and needed to learn on my own.That is one of the worst mistakes of my life to have such thinking.I want God to know that i will never nor should I have done such a thing and know im wanting to prove that i need him and want him to be by me at all times so im trying to learn how to listen to the spirit,i hope that im forgiven.

The second coming is a reality and i hope that im starting to show my true colors...Jesus lives and is the light of the world and our savior. God does lives and loves us as is willing to help if we ask for him. May none of you think your wisdom is as mighty,lets not boast on the wisdoms of men but wisdoms given by the power of god.For any sinners out there that feel the spirit. Heed to spirit and know that he loves us all equally and wants us all to be like him.even you.

When two prophets are killed in Jerusalem and left in the streets while people celebrate around the world and send each other presents. I will know the day even within a few hours - so will a lot of other covenant children of G-d. His coming will not be a surprise to everybody.

One thing I have learned - those that do not know and understand what is happening are the ones that speculate. Those that recognize the signs - according to the covenant - do not say very much, except to prepare. As for me – I am still planting fruit trees.

The Traveler

How about these questions?

What is to happen to the Church during the reign of the anti-christ?

How are the Saints to survive during this period of time?

I assume many of us will die for refusing the number of the beast. Will there be a place for the people to flee to for safety?

After watching these links it seems the last days are now the last seconds.

Edited by ComeComeYeSaints

The Church will go through many struggles and trials. However, the anti-christ's power will primarily be in the Old World, while Zion will be established in the Americas. It will be at that time that the lost tribes, millions of peoples in the Old World who will not want to dwell under the Beast's control, will travel to America and become one with the saints.

We will establish Zion and her stakes as a refuge from the storms. D&C 45 is very clear on this. The Lord stated that he will defend the saints, even by fire if necessary. However, we have to be righteous in order to receive such protection. If we aren't righteous, we will suffer among the wicked.

I assume many of us will die for refusing the number of the beast. Will there be a place for the people to flee to for safety?

Yes, it is Zion. D&C 45 tells us that those dwelling among the wicked who will not lift up their swords to fight, "must needs flee to Zion for safety." The righteousness of Zion, after some tribulation and serious humbling of stiff-necked saints, will be such that Babylon will not dare attack. I think if we have control of the nuclear football, China, Europe and Russia would just as soon leave us be, as to attack.

When two prophets are killed in Jerusalem and left in the streets while people celebrate around the world and send each other presents. I will know the day even within a few hours - so will a lot of other covenant children of G-d. His coming will not be a surprise to everybody.

One thing I have learned - those that do not know and understand what is happening are the ones that speculate. Those that recognize the signs - according to the covenant - do not say very much, except to prepare. As for me – I am still planting fruit trees.

The Traveler

I do not speculate, but as with you, I am seeing the signs coming to fruition. The great tribulations we are now seeing will either be the cause of the creation of the Babylon/Beast and Zion, or it is a predecessor to the final cause. We do not know the day and hour, but we can see the signs of the times and know, as Jesus said, that when the leaves come upon the fig trees that the time is near. Guess what? The time is near.

D&C 87 has almost completely been fulfilled, if I am understanding it correctly. Check out my web page concerning it.

Are these "scrolls" you've written just to expound your views of the gospel, or do you believe you received them from God to share with us?

I'm always interested in a person's spiritual opinions on things. I'm always cautious on a person's revelations being taught to me.

lol well they aren't scripture if that is what you mean. And if a the prophet came out and said something against them I would go with my leaders over my studies any second. That being said I don't thing there is any controversy. In fact I've convinced my bishop to take a look at all the drawings, as well as his councilors. It's just fun for me to study and learn and this is what has come of it.

web.me.com/angelpalmoni

The Church will go through many struggles and trials. However, the anti-christ's power will primarily be in the Old World, while Zion will be established in the Americas. It will be at that time that the lost tribes, millions of peoples in the Old World who will not want to dwell under the Beast's control, will travel to America and become one with the saints.

We will establish Zion and her stakes as a refuge from the storms. D&C 45 is very clear on this. The Lord stated that he will defend the saints, even by fire if necessary. However, we have to be righteous in order to receive such protection. If we aren't righteous, we will suffer among the wicked.

Yes, it is Zion. D&C 45 tells us that those dwelling among the wicked who will not lift up their swords to fight, "must needs flee to Zion for safety." The righteousness of Zion, after some tribulation and serious humbling of stiff-necked saints, will be such that Babylon will not dare attack. I think if we have control of the nuclear football, China, Europe and Russia would just as soon leave us be, as to attack.

Thank you for your response. For awhile, I have been living with so much doubt and uncertainty to how I and my loved ones would face these times which I believe many of us will see. Recently my head has been filled with so many thoughts of failure, betrayal, and cowardice that it has me really depressed. So many fears of GOD not being with me to help strengthen me to face and endure Great Tribulation has me worried even though according to scripture I know I should not.

I know my Father in Heaven and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves us. I also know that scum satan hates us and will do any thing he can to turn us away from GOD.

We have to remember that there will be great tribulations. The tribulations will be a refiner's fire for the Saints, purging their weaknesses and sins from them; while those same tribulations will cause the wicked to become even more wicked. These will cause people to jump off the fence and become engaged in either Babylon or Zion.

God IS in control. He will allow some tribulation and trials in the lives of the saints, so that the wicked may be justly judged in the end. The martyrs in the last days may be a large group. But that is okay, as long as we have the attitude of Ether, who in the end of the book with his name said that as long as we attain heaven, it doesn't matter what happens to us.

Ether 12:4 tells us that hope is an anchor to the souls of men, if they hope in a glorious resurrection in Christ. Hold onto that thought. While all else may fail, this one thought cannot fail.

And the blood of martyrs helps stoke the flames of testimony in others. Remember the sacrifice given by the Ammonites, who knelt before their enemies and were slain without a fight? That day, over a thousand were moved upon, converted, and threw down their weapons of war. God will win this war, and sometimes it will seem like he wins it by the skin of His teeth. But he allows all of it, so that the saints may be purified, and the wicked may bring judgment upon themselves.

Zion will be established. It will be a place of peace and safety. A refuge.

And at that time, missionaries will still be sent out. I believe more elderly men will be sent out, as I believe the 144,000 high priests will be sent on a mission to gather the last peoples out before the 2nd Coming. They will go to the heathen nations (Asia and Africa), among other places, crying repentance unto the world.

Remember that during very difficult times, God tends to give greater miracles and blessings. When Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail, at his lowest, was when the Lord gave us D&C 121 - one of the greatest revelations received in this last dispensation. Nephi, son of Helaman, received visitations from angels on a daily basis, because of his righteousness during a dangerous and difficult period of time (like ours today).

Enoch was given great power during the period that God was preparing to destroy the world by flood.

While there will be dangers, there will also be greater miracles and blessings, as well.

The comforting thing to me is that The Lord will not test or try us beyond what we can endure. Also as I listen to the Conference Talks we are being told to get back to Basics. To simplify our lives and keep our covenants.

I understand we will all pass through tribulations but the Lord has told us that If we are prepared we shall not fear. Our preparation is to purify our lives and do our duty. Then no matter what happens to us, we can be assured that in the end we will receive our promised blessings for being faithful.