Hello Everyone,

My name is Ginger.

I am a single mother of two children. 8 & 14, at this time, however, next year they will be older. ^_^

I am a professional freelance writer, I work from home and today is one of my chosen days off.

I figured that I'd look around to see what type of LDS websites were out there and found all ya'll!

I joined the church in 1979, when I was 19 years old.

The sister missionaries began teaching me on a Monday and I was baptized that next Thursday.

For seven years, the church was my whole life...

Then something happened, it is called Gossip and it must obviously took a down-hill race.

I was confused and terribly hurt by the telling of things that were not true to begin with.

I walked away and no one, no other members ever came to even see about me or talk to me. Not my home teachers, visiting teachers or friends, not a single person came...

That was 1986.

Things have been hard, but they have always been hard.

However, I do know that the church itself is true and all the prophets are ordained of our Heavenly Father. I do believe that the teachings of the church are true no matter how weak individual humans may be...

It's been awhile, but I'm on my way back.

So, now here I am...

Please, Be good too me, as I always do my best to always be good to others and my heart is terribly broken...

Ginger

Edited by GingerGolden

Guest missingsomething

Ginger,

I can only imagine how painful the rumors must have been. The gospel is true, the principals are true... the people..eh... well... we are works in progress! Just remember, it doesnt matter to our Heavenly Father where you have been - it only matters to Him that you are back. I am sure you will find welcome and love here. Coming back out of inactivity is a truly trying thing... fight any urge you may have that you are "less" of a good mormon - remember, you're on the adversary's target list as you are growing and coming closer to God. What I am trying to say, very poorly, is that it may not be easy -but you will find what you are looking for... and your Heavenly Father will be there to welcome you... As do I :) WELCOME Gingy :) (I give Everyone a nick name... hope you dont mind)

Ginger,

I can only imagine how painful the rumors must have been. The gospel is true, the principals are true... the people..eh... well... we are works in progress! Just remember, it doesnt matter to our Heavenly Father where you have been - it only matters to Him that you are back. I am sure you will find welcome and love here. Coming back out of inactivity is a truly trying thing... fight any urge you may have that you are "less" of a good mormon - remember, you're on the adversary's target list as you are growing and coming closer to God. What I am trying to say, very poorly, is that it may not be easy -but you will find what you are looking for... and your Heavenly Father will be there to welcome you... As do I :) WELCOME Gingy :) (I give Everyone a nick name... hope you dont mind)

Thank you havingsomething,

No, I don't mind a nickname at all, my own name Ginger was given to me upon birth by an aunt who loved my hair color.

Actually, I was very angry with Heavenly Father as well as the people for awhile, and totally crushed.

Time does help to heal some things...

Somethings we have to work on diligently...

I'm working finally, to get over it.

But it is not easy at all...

Thank you for your reply.

Hi Ginger! Welcome to the site! I'm a single mom, too :) While I haven't been completely inactive I've been "less" active for quite some time and have had some drastic events happen over the last little bit that have made me realize that HF really wants me to come back! So..let's go on this road together, shall we?! :)

Sounds good to me siouxz72!

I've just requested to be your friend...

:)

As far as I go, I've always missed being active, but my feelings were totally crushed by what happened.

Unfounded gossip or gossip of any kind is really a big no-no, I think. Those involved have no idea what they can do to a member in good standing at all.

Years later, I came across one of the girls I'd known back then. She told me the Bishop had gone from room to room and chastised all the members at that time and place about Gossiping. I hope it did them well, truly I do.

Some may just assume that I was a big gossiper for this to happen to me, however that is not true either. Any time I was around others who were gossiping, members or not, I directed my own words towards the good things about others, since gossiping made me very uncomfortable to be listening too.

hey golden girl! We are officialy friends! woohoo! And yeah...gossip hurts. As a matter of fact, I've specifically councelled in my patriartical blessing to not gossip. :) I've fully adopted the policy of "if it's not my story to tell and I don't have permission.. I just don't tell it?" It's worked for me so far. :)

Edited by siouxz72
I can't spell...seriously. How embarrassing

Thank you Having for the link.

I've always loved reading and writing.

Started keeping a journal at 12/13 years of age.

I've written stories and such.

The sole reason for my getting a computer was so I could work online from home and be here for my children.

First, I was found by a production company and wrote for them, we're still waiting for the sale of the movie and mini-series.

Middling Faire - is set in the 1600's and sorta kinda is a fantasy spin off of the Roanoke story, people coming up missing and such. It is sci-fi.

Next, I began working with an online publisher.

Red Owl Publishing.

We are working on a book of Hurricane Katrina, hopefully to be published soon. *crosses fingers & eyes*

I am the Mississippi Gulf Coast contact person for stories anyone may wish to have told in that book.

And now I am working as an online web content producer for Need An Article.

If you need quality content for your website, check this group of

writers out. They are great!

There I am basically a ghost writer, but a good one. ;)

I've written articles ranging from the foreign exchange market to how to fold a fitted bed sheet. Believe me, the latter of these two was the easiest!

LOL

Hi GG So nice to meet you. Uh I have nto been writting welcomes fro a while... too much to do.. I really hate it that I have nto been welcoming people for a while... but NOW I am here and I DO welcome you all the way from Norway! No way? Yes way!!:P

So good to hear you back! It is terrible what gossiphs can do to a person! I been fighting against a sunami for some 10 years now... the wave is getting smaller, but so is my strength too... but I was also so lucky to find this site.

I got dyslexi et dysgraphi so sorry about the mistakes... and English is my 3rd language, even though I think in these days I use mostly English. :)

Hi Hemi, thank you for the welcome.

Cool user name.

Hmmm...

Area of journalism...

Well, I guess I should say free form and anything interesting that comes along.

Funny thing is, while in school. English never made much sense to me, the rules of it all, I mean.

I was in secretarial class at about 25 or so when I realized the reason why.

English changes the rules in every new chapter of learning which is confusing.

I didn't make good grades in it in HS. But I am a good writer and speaker...

I wasn't any good in mathematics. but am exceptional in accounting and bookkeeping, always the tutor for all my teachers in accounting.

I Find this quite strange, but it is as it is...

So, I guess my answer to your question is, free form journalism, however it does have to capture and hold my attention for it to be worth my time.