I've always felt like an odd ball in my own family.

For the longest time some in my family would have me think I have a good imagination (because I was a child while mentioning this too them) and others having me think I was off in the head for seeing and hearing what I could.

As far back as I can remember, I have seen, heard, smelt, and been touched by spirit people.

Some of them family members, others I have no idea who they were.

I don't go hunting them, they find me.

I'm wondering, if I am also an odd ball here as well?

Have you ever seen spirit people?

Do you know anyone who does see spirit people?

Does the idea that there are flesh people who do actually see, hear, talk, smell and been physically touched by spirit people make sense to you or does it bother you?

Just curious if I'm an odd ball here...

:)

I've never bragged about it at all, however I cannot deny it either.

For me it is a natural thing, not something I had to learn.

What I did have to learn is that those who were leading me to believe it was not true were wrong, simply because it seemed foreign to them.

I was not raised at all in any type of religious teachings, although I do remember wanting and searching in my own way for it. I can only suppose that I just seemed strange to them and they had no such experiences themselves and tried to brush it off the best way they knew how, which actually wasn't very helpful for me, perhaps it was for them.

I was a grown woman before I finally realized that they were wrong.

I honestly do not think I am the only one who has this happen naturally.

I am just curious if there are others about...

Thank you for the reply.

Guest missingsomething

I believe it is possible but I dont believe in "mediums" per say. I know I had to get my house blessed because there were two "people" hanging out in my daughter's room - hoovering over her bed... and the room instantly got a chill.... and once... my hubby went to my other daughters room - to find a shadow over her crib - he thought i had called for him, but I didnt answer... when he got back to our room- I was asleep in bed.

So, possible yes - mediums/etc - no

I believe it is possible but I dont believe in "mediums" per say. I know I had to get my house blessed because there were two "people" hanging out in my daughter's room - hoovering over her bed... and the room instantly got a chill.... and once... my hubby went to my other daughters room - to find a shadow over her crib - he thought i had called for him, but I didnt answer... when he got back to our room- I was asleep in bed.

So, possible yes - mediums/etc - no

That is creepy. Too creepy for me. Eek.

I've only ever felt two that were darker spirits, I felt them coming towards me from a long distance. At first, it made me uneasy as I had never felt anything like that the first time. The second time was easier to recognize.

However, with both of these, when I felt they had come too close for my own comfort, I spoke to them saying, I know you are here, you do not belong here, be gone.

And they each left after my telling them that.

*edit - I got to thinking on this last night after going to bed, and I do believe that I did command them away in the name of Jesus Christ.

I am forgetful of things as time passes, however am no liar (just in case, some may consider that...)

Believe me, I'd not go hunt up any at all, but I do know spirits when they come.

I can also be driving down the street and know a house that has them in it.

I'm not sure why this happens, but it does.

I was told this was a gift of the spirit by a priesthood holder.

I feel that it is as well, one reason why I wondered if there were others here that have this happen as well.

They say the veil between the worlds is thin. I can tell you that I do believe this is so much more true than some individuals can comprehend.

Edited by GingerGolden

I've only ever felt two that were darker spirits, I felt them coming towards me from a long distance. At first, it made me uneasy as I had never felt anything like that the first time. The second time was easier to recognize.

However, with both of these, when I felt they had come too close for my own comfort, I spoke to them saying, I know you are here, you do not belong here, be gone.

And they each left after my telling them that.

Believe me, I'd not go hunt up any at all, but I do know spirits when they come.

I can also be driving down the street and know a house that has them in it.

I'm not sure why this happens, but it does.

I was told this was a gift of the spirit by a priesthood holder.

I feel that it is as well, one reason why I wondered if there were others here that have this happen as well.

They say the veil between the worlds is thin. I can tell you that I do believe this is so much more true than some individuals can comprehend.

Yes some are blessed with exceptional spiritual gifts; As long as the things you speak of are powerfull and sure; {not imagination},it is a very good attribute to have, nurture this ability and keep yourself perceptive of the spirit at all times, but do not ever let it slip out of control, be very very carefull, as you walk a fine line.:)

No, not my imagination at all, if so, I'd have never mentioned it here at all.

Although, I do have a good imagination, I am human. We all have imaginations of course...

The fine line was defined before I was born.

I know myself, I know what is right and I know what is true.

I know the difference between spirit people and darkness.

Spirit people just are there.

The darkness I did feel coming from a long distance before they got to close.

I'm not sure why they showed up, I was being a good girl and studying at those times.

However, I recognized them as not belonging where I was and sent them along their way.

I do think maybe they were curious of me for some reason. *shrugs*

But, I do not want to dwell on these, nor for anyone else to dwell on the thought of them either.

I only mentioned them, well because they are...

Spirit people feel much different.

I've never had a bad feeling from any of them.

I think they are curious as well.

Interestingly enough, the one's who appear as real as we are, are those who have tried to comfort me while sobbing for one reason or another...

* Something that occurred to me this morning...

Although, I don't have it here with me to quote, but will quote it when I get the copy that should be on its way to me, in my patriarchal blessing it tells me that I will be called to a position in the church dealing with Genealogy, which is something that has always been on my mind, since I first learned what a family tree is, before I ever joined the church.

So, maybe this is why I have this gift of seeing spirits...

I have seen spirits all my life ... things that would freak out most people is just normal for me. i have never really stopped to wonder who or why ... for my it just is.

Good for you. I have a friend who frequently talks about her guardian angel and sensing its presence. While I have no sense of her guardian angel, I never the less feel compelled to respect her vision. I suspect we are just operating on different spiritual levels.

You are an amazing person. I am so glad that, if this is true what you are saying, I do not wish to appear doubtful, but it is a wonderful gift. But do not fall into temptation. Satan would ( I feel something more along the lines of "Satan WILL") tempt you with so called "opportunities" of gain. There will come a time in your life that you will be tempted with the abuse of your gift. Be strong, and continue to be faithful as you are.

Thank you for your reply Brandon-Christensen, I do appreciate what you are saying and I do understand why...

I am also thankful that Heavenly Father has seen fit to also give me an unhungry heart for money.

I do strongly feel that things are merely things and people and their feelings are so much more important than mere items or money.

I can be found more often giving things away rather than selling them.

I am the oldest of 5 and was always their keeper.

Sharing is a natural part of my life.

Thanks again, I do appreciate your words of wisdom.

Sometimes the experiences can be scary and some times they are just plain funny. I remember visiting a friend and staying with her at her mothers home to house sit. During the night I sat up in bed and told someone to quit moving the bed and leave me a lone because I wanted to sleep. My friend and her husband came running in to see what I was yelling about. I told then that a man in 1800's clothing was moving the bed and wouldn't leave me alone. I guess you know they thought I had completely lost my mind. My friend later told her mother about and her mother confirmed that yes there was a spirit that regularly moved the furniture in the house ... at one time he move the baby grand piano clear across the room. Of course I couldn't resist an "I told you so!!!"

The first time I remember seeing someone was when my grandmother came to visit and was sleeping in my bed and I was on the floor in the corner. In the middle of the night she sat up in bed and said "Bird is that you?" (Bird was her younger sister who had passed) I looked over at the bed and there was my Aunt Bird ... of course I did what any self respecting 12 year old would do ... I covered up my head!

For me this is just normal ... my mom thinks I nuts but she knows that I see them. To me the veil is very thin and sometimes we get a glimpse of the other side. What a blessing to know for sure that this is not the end but just a small portion of the whole.

Edited by Madriglace
wording

I've always felt like an odd ball in my own family.

For the longest time some in my family would have me think I have a good imagination (because I was a child while mentioning this too them) and others having me think I was off in the head for seeing and hearing what I could.

As far back as I can remember, I have seen, heard, smelt, and been touched by spirit people.

Some of them family members, others I have no idea who they were.

I don't go hunting them, they find me.

I'm wondering, if I am also an odd ball here as well?

Have you ever seen spirit people?

Do you know anyone who does see spirit people?

Does the idea that there are flesh people who do actually see, hear, talk, smell and been physically touched by spirit people make sense to you or does it bother you?

Just curious if I'm an odd ball here...

:)

To answer your question, is yes...but I do see you have a special gift with those across the veil. :D

LOL Hemi!

Yes, I am also an odd ball here as well.

Yes, you have seen spirit people.

Or

Yes, you know someone who does see spirit people.

LOL!

Seriously, I can understand that it may make some people doubtful, or skeptical.

I might even feel that way if it was something that I'd never experienced myself and just had someone else telling me about it.

I do understand that.

Which is one reason I suppose i learned at a very young age not to mention it to others.

I mean, can you imagine for a moment being able to see someone that others can't even see in the same room they are in?

Believe me, there have been many, "Who is that?" episodes that were just as real as the person you are asking the question of.

Both my girls have done the same thing when they were younger, but rather than telling them they are imagining what or who they are seeing, I ask them:

"What do they look like?"

"What are they wearing?"

"What are they doing?"

"What are they saying?"

Of course not all at one time, as I do let the conversation evolve and even though I might not see what they see, I can feel what they see, even before they mention seeing a spirit someone.

Besides, no matter what it may be, if it is true the Spirit will witness it to me and I just know...

I guess, since I was nearly convinced as a child that these things were not real, I Do Not Feel it is My Place to try to Convince My Children that they may be nuts, when I Know very well They Are Not.

I don't go about calling attention to it, I am quiet and I sit and listen to see whether others make mention of feeling something of seeing something.

More often than not, they do if they are sensitive to such, whether it is a chill they feel or they turn to look and then mention that they saw some movement out of the corner of their eye.

It all really depends upon the situation as to whether or not I may even say anything at all to others, generally, it's a knowing smile or a nod or something like that.

If no one else notices it, I generally just keep it to myself.

Because of my childhood conditioning.

Besides, I do think there is some good reason why everyone cannot see these very real spirit people around them. What that is, I cannot answer, for I know it not...