whats the age limit for a mission

blusun7

Just wanted to know the latest you can go on a mission. Some sights say this and that. does anyone know a specific age. Just lately i ve prayed and in a repenting phase but i really want to show that im thankful for the gospel and i do love to share it now. There are so many people in the world going the wrong way and i want to know that i can help them byt bringing them back to the lord. I know it will help me grow greatly and want to sacrifice 2 years of my life.

Thank you sir. I m 26 but i know there arent too many exception i hear. i just wondered. I know i should of gone,but if i cant then i ll just have to do something else to show the lord i still want to love him and be with him. Is it necessary to get to the celestial kingdom. What if i cant go? it stresses me out thinking i might be able to get to the highest kingdom.

A mission is not a requirement for Celestial Kingdom. It is not a requirement for anything.

There are a lot of missionary opportunities in our lives every day. If you want to share the gospel with others there is the way you live your life, as people if they know anything about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, would they like to know more?

Back in the day this was called the "Golden Question".

I have done a lot more missionary work since my mission than on my mission.

Ben Raines

• 2 years later...

Hello, this is my first post on here and I would like to clear something up that is unclear to me presently.

1. Is there an age restriction on a senior mission ? I've been told that there is.

2. Do you have to be married to go on a senior mission ?

Thanks for any help with this. I would like to go on a senior mission at some time in the near future as I'm a convert to the church and missed the opportunity when I was younger.

George

If you can't do a full time mission, right now: Keep in mind the full time missionaries love to go with members. Also there are different temple things you can do. (Not always inside the temple, but they sometimes need help with the grounds, or even help with answering questions of those that are visiting the grounds.

If you have cannerys close by, they sometimes need help, or a bishops' storehouse.

And of course there is always the member missionary work, where you talk to friends, neighbors and co-workers. That ype of missionary work is more effective that knocking at a door.

Thank you for the quick response !

No, I believe there is no upper age limit, as long as you are healthy.

Can I get a confirmation on the age question .... you indicate that " you believe " that there is no age restrictions.

Also, one other question ..... Do seniors get to choose where they can perform their mission ( location ) and what type of mission it would be ?

Thank you so much for the help.

George

You can talk to your bishop or stake president for confirmation. No one on this site has the authority to speak for the Church, although there may be some that have actual knowledge on the issue.

I believe (there's that hedge again!) that senior missionaries have a great deal more flexibility than their young adult counterparts regarding where, how, and for how long they serve.

I believe (there's that hedge again!) that senior missionaries have a great deal more flexibility than their young adult counterparts regarding where, how, and for how long they serve.

That's good to know. Considering I've worked with college-aged people, I'd like to be a senior missionary at the MTC. I really don't want to open my mission call at 67 and find out I'm going to Botswana or something.:(