Sign in to follow this  
Moksha

Canadian Breath Day

It is good to be aware of cultural celebrations ahead of time, is it not?

I just wanted to mention the upcoming Canadian Breath Day from our neighbors to the north.

Their annual celebration is a variation on our own Groundhog Day. Each year, Canadians step outside their homes on April 1st. Legend has it that if they do not see their breath, there will be four more weeks of winter.

Circle this one on your calendar.

:)

I read that and thought that was the only day Canadians breathe...or they go around smelling everyone's breath on that day. If that were the case..I'm so glad I'm not Canadian. hahaha

I'll make sure I take a breath in honor of my Canadian friends. You guys deserve some recognition, after all, no other country on earth is better at being directly north of the United States!

Funny! But not true don't go spreading rumors! BTW we do have groundhog day ;0)

Even if it is not True I think us Canucks should start this as a Tradition ..

and In generations To come ..our great great grand kids can say ... they started this day on LDS.Net

OHHHHH CANADA :)

Edited by Sailer92
misspelled

This special Canadian Day is only a few days off. Anyone considering making a pan of Canadian brownies to share with everyone here?

"Heaven is bovines to bed with on cold Canadian winter nights."

~ Le journal des femmes du Qu├ębec, 1845

Guest mormonmusic

I lived in Canada for 41 years and I had no idea we even had Canadian Breath Day. I'll bet they upped our income taxes to promote that one, didn't they?

Edited by mormonmusic

Well I was also unknown from it. I have not seen or hear it before that Canadian are celebrating such type of day also. I really searched it on Google after reading this thread but didn't get anything more that I got it here.

I think that would serve to illustrate the avant-guarde nature to this forum, when it can serve as the sole repository of Canadian custom.