Every member a missionary

pam

When the MTC was built in Provo, beautiful green athletic fields were planted so the missionaries would have a place to exercise. However, they were so inviting that BYU students were attracted there, and you would see BYU students out playing touch football, throwing Frisbees, etc., on the missionaries' field. To deal with this problem, a large banner was posted, which read "Missionaries Only."

The next day, BYU students were out on the field, playing touch football and throwing Frisbees. They had posted a new banner which read, "Every member a missionary."

We had an amusement park in the mission.

First the members complains about Elders on the roller coasters in proselyting clothes, which the MP told them to wear when they got permission to go to prevent complaints. Then the members complained about Elders on the roller coasters in P-Day clothes, which the MP told them to wear when they got permission to go to avoid complaints.

Then we weren't allowed to go.

Every member a mission president still brings back memories, and still sometimes makes me want to scream. Especially when people talked about us as 'their' missionaries or 'if you were my' missionaries when getting upset with us doing something we were allowed to do. Always made me want to respond with, "Are you the mission president? No? Are you a GA? No? Then shut up, you don't have stewardship!"

Luckily I had better sense then to actually say it.

Edited by Dravin
Forgot a phrase.

Yeah sometimes best to bite one's tongue fortunately...and good for the team BTW.

I heard of a restaurant that refused to sell soda to missionaries...coffee tea and alcohol, cigarettes I understand but we are allowed to drink soda.

Oh no I just finished my bottle of Coke and need another...:o

I am a convert and will not be a missionary until my husband and I do it as seniors. I am going to drink up.

Hmm I thought it was every member a mission president...

Psst. I saw an elder wearing a baseball cap and drinking...*soda* on a p day!!!!:eek:

Rules must have changed, because the Elders were ALWAYS at our house on P day...wearing things like that and we always had sodas for them.