Things that should be heard more often at Church

pam

Things That Should Be Heard More Often at Church

1. The only problem we had on the scout campout was that after all the meals every scout wanted to wash all the dishes, especially the pots and pans. It was hard getting them to wait their turn.
2. We were enjoying the meeting so much that we didn't even notice that it had gone 15 minutes overtime.
3. We'll go ahead and start the meeting early today since everyone is already here and in their seats.
4. So many sisters volunteer to help with every compassionate service project, that not everyone gets to help each time.
5. Almost the entire ward comes to our child of record baptisms.
6. Our large Deacon's Quorum sits so still during their class and raises their hands to participate, that getting to teach their class is the most coveted position in our ward.
7. We have a hard time filling positions in Relief Society because all the sisters want to teach Primary, especially the Nursery and Sunbeam classes.
8. We love to get to church early because our favorite front bench pew is always taken if we aren't extra early.
9. The whole congregation heard and enjoyed the prelude music.
10. Filling all the positions in Cub Scouts has never been a problem.
11. Men's Basketball is so much fun! Such good sportsmanship! Everyone is there to have a good time and there's no fighting.
12. We have so many people signed up for this month's Temple trip that we need to hire a second (third?) bus.
13. The family history class will be canceled until new people move into the ward as all the current ward members have finished tracing all of their ancestors.
14. Heard from the Executive Secretary. . ." Statistics are the same as usual, Visiting Teaching 100%, Home Teaching 100%, Sacrament Meeting attendance 100% Primary attendance 100%, etc.
15. I love being Primary president -- people are always so willing to help out on Sunday and quarterly activities are a breeze because so many adults beg to help out.

11. Men's Basketball is so much fun! Such good sportsmanship! Everyone is there to have a good time and there's no fighting.

If this ever does happen, we know that the end is near!!!!!:P

I'm going to copy and paste this and send it out to my family. I'll give you the credit though Pam, don't want to upset the great and wise Head Moderator.:D

16. Have you noticed in the kitchen, noone is leaving dirty dishes in the sink.

17. Is it fantastic, no adult is sitting out in the foyer talking during Sunday School, but instead is in class participating.

18. Our ward is so blessed, the missionaries are having trouble scheduling all of the ward referrals contacts.

19. Every ward family has had the missionaries over for supper this past few months, and each had also invited a non-member family for dinner as well.

20. Our entire ward showed up for a work project.

21. Thanks that was a great talk. (or just thanks)

22. You testimonies on fast and testimony Sunday are of appropriate length and content

23. The young man (or woman) in the back pew with the Mohawk, spiked leather jacket, tattoos, and countess piercings is not only very sweet but I notice that the black baggy jeans ant t shirt of the same color are extremely modest.

24. I would like to sit next to him/her.

25. The ward Talent Show is not just for the youth

and 26...

Mormon Red Death Punch(copyright 1962) instead of water:p

and yes I would be willing to buy supplies and make it all, even refills.

no offense because it *can* get very annoying and bothersome, but...

I lost count: I would like to bear my testimony today to all you parents with noisy babies who cry, scream and laugh during sacrament meeting. Thank you for bringing up the future of our church and world. I appreciate all you do.

next one: Did you notice that during the taking of the sacrament the Spirit was so strong everyone

was quiet even the babies?

or

Did you notice that during the actual Sacrament part all the mothers with noisy children immediately took them into the hall and took the sacrament there?

*OR*

Did you notice that none of the *adults* whispered during the whole sacrament meeting and took notes for everyone from bishop to stake president to primary child speaking?

32. I believe this was the first Sacrament Mtg. that children weren't running/crawling up the isles.

33. My, I believe this is the first Sunday, all the adults and teens alike stayed for the entire meeting block.

34. Wasn't it wonderful not to see anyone texting during Sacrement or Sunday School.

Did you notice that during the actual Sacrament part all the mothers with noisy children immediately took them into the hall and took the sacrament there?

I wouldn't mind hearing that more often, with one change: Did you notice that during the actual Sacrament part all the fathers with noisy children immediately took them into the hall and took the sacrament there?

Edited by Wingnut

35. This is the first Sunday that all the Sunday school and Primary Teachers all showed up to teach their class, and can you believe it, they were all here for Sacrement Mtg.

36. Wow! every Deacon was present for the passing of the Sacrement.

37. It was a magicial moment, the High Councelmans talk was inspiring and oh so interesting, everyone including the teenagers were so in tune.

6. Our large Deacon's Quorum sits so still during their class and raises their hands to participate, that getting to teach their class is the most coveted position in our ward.

40. Our adult gospel doctrine class sits so still during their class, and none of them stand out in the hallway and talk with their friends after scolding their children for doing the exact same thing.

33. My, I believe this is the first Sunday, all the adults and teens alike stayed for the entire meeting block.

34. Wasn't it wonderful not to see anyone texting during Sacrement or Sunday School.

sadly im guilty of BOTH of those ...

32. I believe this was the first Sacrament Mtg. that children weren't running/crawling up the isles.

I have seen this in several Utah wards, but I have never experienced it outside of Utah -- except for when a divorced mother of three (from southern Utah) moved in. Took several months to get her boys to sit quietly through the meeting, but with the help of many kind ward members it happened. (The "ward family" idea can be a beautiful reality.)

I wouldn't mind hearing that more often, with one change: Did you notice that during the actual Sacrament part all the fathers with noisy children immediately took them into the hall and took the sacrament there?

In my ward, the parents generally remove unruly children from the meeting, and it's at least as often the father as the mother. Too bad some of them let their kids play in the foyer while they look on or chat with another parent. Some of us old-timers learned early that the key to making the "foyer time" work for you is to make sure the child understands that sitting in Church is far preferable to sitting in the foyer. When I take my kids out, they know they are in for the most boring time of the day, sitting on the floor staring at a wall with their arms folded until they decide it's nicer inside the chapel.

To contribute to the thread: Something I always like to hear and would like to hear more of is, "Isn't the bishop doing a nice job with everything?" and "I really appreciate the leadership's efforts in Primary/Young Men's/Young Women's/the quorum/whatever."

sadly im guilty of BOTH of those ...

Todays Sacrement Meeting, I decided to take note from where I was sitting to observe to see if any adults or teens were texting, working on their lesson, reading something else, etc..

Just from my small observation circle I saw 3 - either texting or checking email, 4 preparing for their Sunday School, R.S. or P. lessons, 2 adults dozing, 1 teen laying on her moms lap dozing and one adult (me) viewing others to see who was paying attention.

:D:(

Todays Sacrement Meeting, I decided to take note from where I was sitting to observe to see if any adults or teens were texting, working on their lesson, reading something else, etc..

Just from my small observation circle I saw 3 - either texting or checking email, 4 preparing for their Sunday School, R.S. or P. lessons, 2 adults dozing, 1 teen laying on her moms lap dozing and one adult (me) viewing others to see who was paying attention.

:D:(

Hold on! My mission president loved to quote Elder Kikuchi--"Please give me your divided attention." Divided because you never know what statement, verse, quote, whatever will inspired someone to think more closely about their own life. Listening to someone may prompt me to think of something specific in my life and I want to look up a corresponding scripture. Sometimes I close my eyes because I don't want to get distracted by that cute baby make funny faces at me.

But, I'm just as guilty as others of finishing up a lesson, or reading something else because I'm just not feeling it from the pulpit.