Where can I find a Book of Mormon

You can also listen to it for that matter. If you click on "Book of Mormon" on that website in the upper left hand corner are two links, listen and print, click on listen and it will have you download a zip file with IIRC .mp3, or if you don't want to download the whole thing at once if you click on a 'sub-book' such as Nephi or Alama and click on aforementioned link it'll just download that book. If you go smaller into chapters it streams it.

How do you get a free BoM without giving out your home address?

I went and visited of an LDS chapel, and the guy staffing the genealogy room was quite willing to assist me but there was no BoM anywahere in the entire chapel. I couldn't imagine visiting another church and not being able to get given a bible or I could pick one up at nearly every hotel room thanks to the Gideon's.

I'm from Melbourne and walk around the CBD in my lunch break. I can tell you where the bookshops for Catholics, Anglicans, Uniting, general evanglelical ones, Christian Science, Scientology, Theosophy, Hare Krishna's and a couple of Eastern religions groups, LaRouche (the Church of Christ just closed theirs) but there just isn't an LDS book store to be found.

More than happy to chat to some misso's over a Hot Chocolate (I'll even shout to cover the cost of the BoM) but without giving a home address, how do I know where they will be?

That is what the genealogy bloke suggested, but for me it has been easier said then done. Go to church on Sunday morning and don't get back till lunch time and then am I out most Sunday arvo's with my boys. Also felt a bit self conscious about turning up in my Sunday best, shorts, t-shirt and reef sandals would make me stand out. Luckily I'm not too concerned about what people think, and am planning to turn up but will they actually have a BoM for me to take? (Actually while I'm at it wouldn't mind getting a "Quad", would they have one of those for sale?)

But I have more time during the week and thought arranging to meet the misso in the cafe under Gog and Magog would be more fun!

That is what the genealogy bloke suggested, but for me it has been easier said then done. Go to church on Sunday morning and don't get back till lunch time and then am I out most Sunday arvo's with my boys. Also felt a bit self conscious about turning up in my Sunday best, shorts, t-shirt and reef sandals would make me stand out. Luckily I'm not too concerned about what people think, and am planning to turn up but will they actually have a BoM for me to take? (Actually while I'm at it wouldn't mind getting a "Quad", would they have one of those for sale?)

But I have more time during the week and thought arranging to meet the misso in the cafe under Gog and Magog would be more fun!

AnthonyB, however you dress when you come to the chapel, you should be well-received. There will definitely be a Book of Mormon available if you go during the service hours. However, they don't sell Quads at Church or have extras sitting around. You can go to lds.org and order one if you wish, though.

Here's the link where you can buy a triple (BOM, DC, POGP) or Quad (Bible, BOM, DC, POGP). Online Catalog - By Book

I really admire your searching. Please keep it up and don't get discouraged!

I have a related question. I ordered a BOM from mormon.org but they sent me the bible instead. Is this normal? I honestly cannot have mormon missionarys at my home at this point in my life. I have the online version on my ipod but I would like a paper version as well. Right now I have a checked out version from my uni library but I cant really mark it or anything.

I have a related question. I ordered a BOM from mormon.org but they sent me the bible instead. Is this normal? I honestly cannot have mormon missionarys at my home at this point in my life. I have the online version on my ipod but I would like a paper version as well. Right now I have a checked out version from my uni library but I cant really mark it or anything.

This is not common and is unfortunate. Will you try again?

Call the missionaries, and have them meet you in a public place like a park or a coffee house (ironic, eh?) They can even meet you in a parking lot and just drop off a copy. It's all so very cloak and dagger!

bytebear,

How do you get the phone numbers of your local missionaries?

The fastest way is to call the mission office. find out what mission your area belongs to, and get the number for that office. Someone there can give you the number for the local missionaries. If you are close to the mission office, just go during business hours and they will have a book for you there as well.

This link should help you find the closest mission:

Mission (LDS Church) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This link might help too but it doesn't have all LDS missions listed:

LDS Mission Network - Welcome

Edited by bytebear

I tried to order one again. Hopefully this one gets here because there is no missionary office in my area.

Is there a local church nearby. you could stop by on Sunday and just ask for the missionary's information. you don't even have to attend services. Chances are you will run into them there too, and they just might have a copy for you.

• 2 weeks later...