I Could Use A Casserole About Now...

StrawberryFields

Hi SF,

What kind of surgery is he having? Hope he is doing well. I haven't seen an update lately. I know all this has had to be tough for a mom to go through. I freak out when my toddler son is in any kind of pain, and I can only pray that we never have to go through anything major like that. I'm sure you wish it could be you instead of him going through it all.

I will be thinking of you guys!

Shan

SF,

I have to share with you what an encouragement you are to me. I have been on many boards and have met many online personalities and you have remained constant. You always share your love, support, prayers and considerate opinion. You stand as an inspiration to me as a godly woman of faith. I am sure that when your son goes into surgery he will be surrounded and comforted by a heavenly host including your loved ones who have gone on. I will pray that your courage and strength be replenished and filled to overflowing.

You give so much and i ask that during this time... much be given back.

Thank you for all that you are on here... a blessing to me.

Blessed

Thanks Ladies for the nourishment. :)

On Wednesday February 2 Nick will be having a major surgery. First they will need to do a bone graph to retrieve the bone for this surgery. They will remove bone from his hip or his rib cage. They will open him back up over the same scar that he had before. This scar goes from his ear to his other ear, over the top of his head. They will then pull down the "flap" or his face to expose the metal plate that is covering his brain; this plate will be covered with bone. They will next rebuild his nose which was shattered with the explosion, and use more bone to do this. After the have finished rebuilding his nose they will need to attach it to his forehead where they have just covered the plate. The will also need to re-break his ocular bones around his eyes before they repair them.

On the day of the accident (July 10, 2004), they were more concerned with saving his life, then what the after results would be and I understand that completely. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and this team of doctors who have done a beautiful job in saving his life and putting him back together.

The risks of the surgery are there, and this time I am not in shock like I was before when the accident happened. I know what it feels like to have him, then almost loose him. I feel bad that I have this fear, which I may lack in faith, but this is my son, someone who I have become very protective of.

The reality of this is that I have faith in my Heavenly Father and the love he has for my son. I have faith in his doctors. But I still have fear, they are working by a plate that protects his brain, and they are working around his eyes which were protected from the explosion. Infection is a very large concern; if the plate becomes infected they will have to start all over with the brain surgeon.

What do I need? Do I need to quit worrying and put all my faith into the Lord and these doctors? If that is what I need to do, then how do I do that? Being human sure gets in the way at times.

Originally posted by Jenda@Jan 28 2005, 03:58 PM

SF, I have got your son, and you because mom needs all the strength she can get, in my prayers. God bless you all!

:( Thanks, I can ask for nothing more.

I will be away from my computer until Sunday night, we are going away as a family for the weekend.

Thanks to all three of you for serving up such a great helping of support.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 26 2005, 06:29 AM

Please make it filled with lots of courage...Nick will be in surgery one week from today.

Take a heaping portion of faith, sprinkle with some heart filled prayers, add a little time with the scriptures, and hold tightly to family and friends. Top with a blessing (or more....one for Nick, one for you and one for hubby, doctors, etc) and sprinkle with more prayers and positive thoughts. Let the ingredients blend together and take a deep breath my friend, Nick is here for a reason....never doubt that, go into this thing with a positive attitude and faith in your heart......

Your young casserole will come out just fine......for all to share.

Love and hugs for you and the kids........ from Me :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 28 2005, 03:52 PM

What do I need? Do I need to quit worrying and put all my faith into the Lord and these doctors? If that is what I need to do, then how do I do that? Being human sure gets in the way at times.

SF, I don't care how much faith you or anyone has... if you are a mom and something like this happens to your child, you WILL worry. Please don't feel bad for it, or try not to do it. If there is a mom who goes through something like this and she DOESN'T worry, she does not lack faith - SHE IS A ZOMBIE!

Take care and hang in there. Sounds like he's going to be just fine now.

Shan

Originally posted by shanstress70+Feb 3 2005, 06:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Feb 3 2005, 06:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Jan 28 2005, 03:52 PM

SF, I don't care how much faith you or anyone has... if you are a mom and something like this happens to your child, you WILL worry. Please don't feel bad for it, or try not to do it. If there is a mom who goes through something like this and she DOESN'T worry, she does not lack faith - SHE IS A ZOMBIE!

Take care and hang in there. Sounds like he's going to be just fine now.

Shan

Thanks Shan, I just saw this. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Strawberry ,

I hope nick is doing well.......

I'm sorry I haven't been on much to see how you are doing..I have been wrking allot.

Let me know how things are going. .......You are in our prayers.

Love and Prayers

Laureltree

Ps.......If you would ever need a hot meal...Please don't hesitate to call..... or pm me

Laureltree

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Mar 1 2005, 10:46 PM

Strawberry ,

I hope nick is doing well.......

I'm sorry I haven't been on much to see how you are doing..I have been wrking allot.

Let me know how things are going. .......You are in our prayers.

Love and Prayers

Laureltree

Ps.......If you would ever need a hot meal...Please don't hesitate to call..... or pm me

Laureltree

Thanks LT I just saw this. :)

It's true, this forum doesn't get much action so I don't look here as much.

Nick is doing pretty good as the swelling continues to subside. I need to get him into the doctors in the morning because he may have another sinus infection. An infection in his sinuses is a worry because of the close proximenity to his brain and infection there can travel to his brain. EEEEK!