Glenn Beck anyone?

firehotemily

I watched him every once in a while when he was on CNN and I enjoyed the foil he presented against the somewhat bandwagon-left-leaning news coverage that CNN sometimes gives. Ever since he's moved to Fox I've watched him less and less, as to me he seems to be getting a little more... bizarre.

Edited by LittleWyvern
grammar fail!

Beck is interesting to listen to now and then. Sometimes he seems inspired, other times he seems to travel down the road of semi-paranoid conspiracy theories (i.e. trilateral commision, CFR, etc. all being in cahoots to dominate the world). He's a net positive, but I find his more mature competion over at the E.I.B. Network easier to digest.

I like his radio show a lot, though he seems to occasionally become obsessed with particular topics (Iran or whatever) that become tiresome after a couple of weeks.

I saw his CNN show a few times, and thought it somehow failed to capture the dynamic that makes his radio show so enjoyable. Haven't watched him since he moved to Fox.

Beck is interesting to listen to now and then. Sometimes he seems inspired, other times he seems to travel down the road of semi-paranoid conspiracy theories (i.e. trilateral commision, CFR, etc. all being in cahoots to dominate the world). He's a net positive, but I find his more mature competion over at the E.I.B. Network easier to digest.

As far as him being a paranoid, its because its true, I am too. PC, are you catholic? The catholic church plays a big part of the global conspiracy he refers to. Hes also right about revolution and depression,

YouTube - O'Reilly, Glenn Beck on Revolution and Depression; R&D. And the Fairness Doctrine

This is how the illuminati types have grown thier empire so far already

There IS a conspiracy. It just isn't run by a tightly knit small group hiding in the shadows. It is a conspiracy of ideals. Politicians, businessmen, media people, international bureaucrats, and slews of people are aligning themselves wherever they can to feed at the tax trough. Even Hollywood wants an international enforcement agency to prevent third-world bootleggers of DVDs and they got a few million from Congress in last fall's stimulus. The CFR IS pushing for internationalism, openly. And they have been able to keep their people in office for decades. That bum Geithner is one of them.

Such greed went wild throughout the middle ages when monarchs played favorites as the elite ruined the masses. The central idea of the Constitution of our government in the U.S. was to break down the centralization of power so that these selfish desires would work against one another rather than in connection. The Framers sought to prevent the people from being forced by government to support a privileged few in excesses and idleness.

Today we've thrown that to the wind. Washington tramples the Constitution and buys friends and parties with taxpayer money and when things go wrong they fix the trouble with more tax payer money, and all this against the will of many and without the knowledge of many more.

-a-train

There IS a conspiracy. It just isn't run by a tightly knit small group hiding in the shadows. It is a conspiracy of ideals. Politicians, businessmen, media people, international bureaucrats, and slews of people are aligning themselves wherever they can to feed at the tax trough. Even Hollywood wants an international enforcement agency to prevent third-world bootleggers of DVDs and they got a few million from Congress in last fall's stimulus. The CFR IS pushing for internationalism, openly. And they have been able to keep their people in office for decades. That bum Geithner is one of them.

Such greed went wild throughout the middle ages when monarchs played favorites as the elite ruined the masses. The central idea of the Constitution of our government in the U.S. was to break down the centralization of power so that these selfish desires would work against one another rather than in connection. The Framers sought to prevent the people from being forced by government to support a privileged few in excesses and idleness.

Today we've thrown that to the wind. Washington tramples the Constitution and buys friends and parties with taxpayer money and when things go wrong they fix the trouble with more tax payer money, and all this against the will of many and without the knowledge of many more.

-a-train

CFR conspiracies aren't really my thing but I will consider that there is a competition of ideas between governing officials of any nation--that is, to solve the world's problems through centralized government or to rely on as little government force as possible to accomplish any goal.

So far as the Council on Foreign Relations is concerned, I hear they publish a magazine; do they offer online subscriptions? (I think I would enjoy reading directly from the source.)

Regards,

Kawazu

There is not A singular conspiracy. Rather, there are countless small to big conspiracies. Goodness, looks like Madoff beat most of them, and he wasn't even in government. As for CFR, agree with the group or not, it's just a intellectual group. There are tons of them out there.

Well yes, there is one big conspiracy...but our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against spirits and principalities...

i don't listen to him every day...but you guys if you haven't seen his new show...wow...your missing out xD

he's ama-za-zing!

^^

yeah....some of the subject can get tire some after a while...but eh...atleast he's right about them lol

I like Glenn Beck, but crying on air is a no-no.

Also, since I'm on my soapbox, men crying during sacrament meeting doesn't make me feel the spirit. It actually just makes me think, "Gah! You're crying because you're grateful? I've never once said 'Hey, Bob? Thanks for the power drill.' and teared up."

That's one aspect of church culture that bugs me to no end.

I've never once said 'Hey, Bob? Thanks for the power drill.' and teared up.

The Atonement is of slightly higher significance than a power drill. ;)

In all seriousness--I never thought much of sacrament-meeting-criers either. But since having two little girls I cry at practically nothing--heck, a couple of weeks ago my wife and kids were visiting family in another state for the week, and I started blubbering because "Butterfly Kisses" came on the radio. I read somewhere that in a house full of girls, a father's internal estrogen levels will actually increase for some reason. (That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

I love Glenn Beck. I don't see his crying as weird or bad. From what I've seen, he doesn't get carried away. He's feeling powerful emotions; as a result he chokes up a little. Real men cry: Christ did.

Personally, I see Beck's crying as a sign that he's a real person who actually feels powerfully about what he's talking about. I went onto the blog that LittleWyvern linked that ridiculed Beck for crying. I found the blog's author's assessment of the situation repugnant and dishonest.

As for crying in sacrament- I cried last week in it. I also cried the previous week in a Priesthood meeting when they were handing out Melchezidek Priesthood certificates. I cried in Sacrament because I was grateful that Christ hadn't cut me off. I cried in Priesthood because I felt the stinging pain of not yet having the Melchezidek Priesthood, and here were 3 new converts receiving it.

One great problem I have with today's society is the idea that men shouldn't cry for... whatever reason. That's bull. As I said before, real men do cry. Christ did.

Edited by Maxel

I like Glenn well enough. I've read all his books and the only one i didn't particularly care for was An Inconvenient Book (thought that might have been due to all the references to "hot chicks" and the fact that i was constantly reading it while taking bubble baths :lol:). I think he's just a guy with many deep passions and an abiding love of his country.