Men and women are different because

WANDERER

In the essence of clarity (feel free to exercise a sense of humour...).... let's get it out there. Feel free to add anything you have ever heard. :D

Exemplar below:

Men and women and different because

men are the head and women are the neck.

women are more verbally proficient and men are more spatially proficient.

Boys will turn any toy into a car and girls will turn any toy into a doll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the essence of clarity (feel free to exercise a sense of humour...).... let's get it out there. Feel free to add anything you have ever heard. :D

Exemplar below:

Men and women and different because

men are the head and women are the neck.

women are more verbally proficient and men are more spatially proficient.

Boys will turn any toy into a car and girls will turn any toy into a doll.

Men and women are different because of thier sex

The Traveler

• Men think "shop" is a noun, modified by the adjectives "metal" and "wood". Women think "shop" is a verb, modified by the adverbs "often" and "daily".

• Women are complex: They want a rock who's soft and cuddly; a pillar of strength who shows his vulnerabilities; a down-to-earth genius; a modest Adonis; a straight arrow who gets wild -- but ONLY when she wants him to.

Men are simple: They want a nymphomaniacal gymnast.

• Men get fat in their 40s and joke about their beer bellies. When they want to lose weight, they stop eating for a week, drop 20 pounds, and say, "What's all the fuss about?"

Women get fat in their 40s and obsess about their thunder thighs. When they want to lose weight, they join programs, talk incessantly with their girlfriends, get depressed because they aren't losing weight, and eat a carton of ice cream to console themselves.

• Men love their children, and sometimes even remember their names by the second try. Women want to throttle the little monsters, while remembering that Susie wants the crusts cut off her peanut-butter-and-banana sandwiches, Joey can only sleep with the hall light on and the door halfway closed, and Sally wets her bed unless you tell her a story and sing "Eensy Weensy Spider" twice.

• Men never, even complain about their wife's "time of the month." Secretly, it terrifies them. They're just glad that they don't have to put up with it.

Women always, constantly complain about their "time of the month." Secretly, it delights them. They always have a built-in excuse to get grouchy about anything, anytime, with absolutely no consequences.

• Women think that men are humiliated to buy feminine hygiene products, so they send them on an "errand" to the store at least every couple of months.

Men claim to be humiliated to buy feminine hygiene products, but in fact they don't care a bit -- is someone really going to think they're buying it for themselves? They just don't want to leave their TV show. But going to the store is a good excuse to pick up a candy bar and some nachos.

• Women hate dealing with car issues like tires and oil. They'd much rather talk on the phone for an hour.

Men hate having to talk on the phone. They'd much rather change tires and oil for an hour.

Men and women and different because:

Women hardly ever start foreign wars.

Women are not as violent.

Women prefer uncomfortable and unstable shoes.

Men never have to play stupid to attract women.

Men will tell each other where to get off when asked to make a sandwich.

Women are better hunters than men (My mom was a better shot and tracker than my dad, despite his military training)

There is a woman in my ward who grew up on a farm in Canada. While she was engaged to her husband, she taught him how to hunt. They camped on their honeymoon, during which she bagged a deer.

[*]Men get fat in their 40s and joke about their beer bellies. When they want to lose weight, they stop eating for a week, drop 20 pounds, and say, "What's all the fuss about?"

Women get fat in their 40s and obsess about their thunder thighs. When they want to lose weight, they join programs, talk incessantly with their girlfriends, get depressed because they aren't losing weight, and eat a carton of ice cream to console themselves.

So not fair.

Women always, constantly complain about their "time of the month." Secretly, it delights them. They always have a built-in excuse to get grouchy about anything, anytime, with absolutely no consequences.

I agree with the last part about the get-out-of-jail-free card, but I have to say that secretly and publicly, I hate my time of the month. I abhor it. I loathe it. I'm not even using a thesaurus...those words immediately jumped to mind. I can't tell you how much I absolutely deplore it.

Men claim to be humiliated to buy feminine hygiene products, but in fact they don't care a bit -- is someone really going to think they're buying it for themselves?

I always wondered what the big deal was, because this was my logic, too.

Men statistically are larger in size therefore statistically men have larger brains than women.:twisted:

(okay I picked this little gem up from a Harvard debate...that makes it 10x funnier because it was actually given serious acceptance. You might be familiar with the concept of 'bad science'). I love this one because it's so politically viable...who can argue against obvious biological differences ;)

A lot of the science on gender differences is now targetted towards medicine and medical intervention....gender trends in alzheimers etc. Nah...male aspirin and female aspirin from the supermarket is bound to be a short lived phenomenon as, no doubt, individual genetically tailored medicine is likely to supercede it.

This is because.....

We are more genetically different than gender alone. In spite of that, we are more genetically the same than gender alone.

For some reason it is easier to define and respond to racial, political or religious ad hominems than gender adhominems ...particularly when they are identified as statements of pride.

Men and women are different? I think I read something about that in a biology book.

It used to be women were the ones with long hair. That doesn't work anymore.:confused:

When I was discharged from the Marines way back in "69" My first job was at a service station. This was when they still provided service. About twice a week this car would come in. I would approach from behind and say, "May I help you ma'am". It was a guy. I did this every time he came in and never did remember. He either thought I was a dork or being a wiseguy.

Edited by Churchmouse

Men statistically are larger in size therefore statistically men have larger brains than women.:twisted:

(okay I picked this little gem up from a Harvard debate...that makes it 10x funnier because it was actually given serious acceptance. You might be familiar with the concept of 'bad science'). I love this one because it's so politically viable...who can argue against obvious biological differences ;)

A lot of the science on gender differences is now targetted towards medicine and medical intervention....gender trends in alzheimers etc. Nah...male aspirin and female aspirin from the supermarket is bound to be a short lived phenomenon as, no doubt, individual genetically tailored medicine is likely to supercede it.

This is because.....

We are more genetically different than gender alone. In spite of that, we are more genetically the same than gender alone.

For some reason it is easier to define and respond to racial, political or religious ad hominems than gender adhominems ...particularly when they are identified as statements of pride.

I'm only 5'3". Does that mean I'm dumber than most woman? Hmmm, Maybe I just answered that question in my last post.

"Anatomy is destiny"

Sigmund Freud

Fiannan? You quote Freud way too often. He was a misogynistic misanthrope who was seriously wrong on almost everything he said. He was offensive and dumb, but here are some more quotes from your hero:

America is a mistake, a giant mistake.

Sigmund Freud

America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success.

Sigmund Freud

I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think.

Sigmund Freud

If you can't do it, give up!

Sigmund Freud

Yes, America is gigantic, but a gigantic mistake.

Sigmund Freud

Not to mention his innumerable anti-religion and anti-God sentences. I'm just... I'm frankly amazed that you quote him in your quotes, as if he's some type of authority.

This all reminds me of two young boys fishing in a stream next to a nudist colony wall. One of the boys got his fishing line caught in a tree so he climbed up to free his line. Once up in the tree he could see beyond the wall and called down to his friend that there were people on the other side of the wall. The other boy asked if the people were boys or girls and the boy in the tree responded that he did not know because they did not have on any clothing.

I stated in a previous post that the difference between men and women is their sex. I do not think anyone really understood what I was saying. In short neither is complete without the other. In addition mankind (both men and women) will no longer exist when we all come to think otherwise.

The Traveler

In short neither is complete without the other.

Well the offspring wouldn't be complete without the other. The last thing I would want anyone to feel is that they are an incomplete person physically because of circumstances where they aren't part of a unit. That is different to a person feeling that there are aspects of their life that may be incomplete.

Fiannan? You quote Freud way too often. He was a misogynistic misanthrope who was seriously wrong on almost everything he said. He was offensive and dumb, but here are some more quotes from your hero:

People claim that about Brigham Young -- the ones who don't know what he taught all that well.

America is a mistake, a giant mistake.

Sigmund Freud

America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success.

Sigmund Freud

2008 general election:D

I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think.

Sigmund Freud

Kinda sounds Old Testament haha

Not to mention his innumerable anti-religion and anti-God sentences. I'm just... I'm frankly amazed that you quote him in your quotes, as if he's some type of authority.

His insights into human behavior were remarkable and it doesn't matter what his religious views were (he was quite hostile to his father and his father was a devout Jew). One has to sift through what seems plausable and what isn't.

he was quite hostile to his father . . .

Didn't Freud have some rather jarring ideas about males who were "hostile" to their fathers?

(And yes. I mock Freud solely because I haven't read him and don't completely understand his theories. ;) )

Edited by Just_A_Guy