I need YOUR help!!!!!

PinkCow

Yes I mean YOU so please helppp!!!!! :) Because I love you..

Anyways, ehem.... My question to the class is: "When is too late to send a baby gift?"

Okay so, my Grandma's sister's son's wife had a baby. A few months ago.

My sister and I wanted to get the baby something nice, so we picked

clothes..... We got these cute little outfitsnfrom Old Navy. (Seriosuly, if they made them in MY size, I'd totally wear them)

So I'm not to sure when the baby was born, Feburary maybe........

Oh and I have to mail the clothes.

So I'm going to try and get everything ready this weekend ie: box, paper etc.

But should I still send the gift, or is it too late?????

Well, February was only a few weeks ago, so yeah, I'd say send it on to the baby. It should be able to wear 0-3 months clothing now and 3-6 month clothing later on. Actually, it seems most of the time that babies are way smaller than their clothes are when they are newborn (or at least mine were although I carried them both for 10 months rather than 9.)

Yeah, send it on!

If you are worried about them being to small for the baby, then if you can pick out a cute stuffed animal, kids never outgrow those...

Yep, Elgama's right about the size thing.

Also, I remember while mine were little, even though they had cute clothes and I would put them on them so that they wore all their new things, that for the most part, my babies wore the little long nightgowns and the onesies a great deal of the time. * I just love those little night gowns, they are so sweet.

Coolest thing about those gowns is that no matter what gender the baby is (and especially if the gender is a surprise or you don't know...), if you are buying for others or even your own baby, that you can't go wrong with getting those that are white, green, blue or yellow, since either boys or girls can wear those colors. The gowns with prints are also cute!

Edited by GingerGolden

My baby is almost eleven months old, and I just received a gift for her this week from someone. It's never too late to send.

that reminds me of one poor sister who spent nearly a year forgetting to give me a gift lol but when she gave me the gift it turned out to be perfect. I had a day which had been miserable no way to get to the shops, my son had what I now know was impetigo on his bottom, and was teething and I had run out of calpol (baby tylenol), her gift contained some fantastic cream, a very gentle soap and teething powders, I was able to feel less useless and use it to make my son more comfortable. I will always be greatful for her late gift, she was so embarrased about it I hope I have made sure she feels better

-Charley

that reminds me of one poor sister who spent nearly a year forgetting to give me a gift lol but when she gave me the gift it turned out to be perfect. I had a day which had been miserable no way to get to the shops, my son had what I now know was impetigo on his bottom, and was teething and I had run out of calpol (baby tylenol), her gift contained some fantastic cream, a very gentle soap and teething powders, I was able to feel less useless and use it to make my son more comfortable. I will always be greatful for her late gift, she was so embarrased about it I hope I have made sure she feels better

-Charley

That is an absolutely beautiful new mother and baby story. Goes to show that even when gifts are late, there are mother's who do appreciate the thought and gesture as well as gifts that are good, useful and welcome.