Acorn to count census

bytor2112

Notable corruption that is no different from the days when the Gadiaton Robbers taken control of the Nephite Government.:D

For a nonpartisan organization such as the Census, ACORN's political connections are also troubling. Last year, the Obama campaign paid ACORN $800,000 to register voters and do other work. ABC News' Jake Tapper caught Obama campaign officials in numerous attempts to hide Mr. Obama's past connections with ACORN. Mr. Obama also gave ACORN money when he served on the board of the Woods Fund in Chicago. For all the work that he has done for ACORN over the years, Investor's Business Daily called Mr. Obama "ACORN's Senator."

Perhaps the truth will surface on his true Obama citizenship in the days to come.

I don't want anyone here to bad talk the Russians or Putin ever again. Now that we have taken the course of a banana republic maybe we'll need unbiased observers from Russia to monitor our elections for the next decade or so.

How about this? I won't bad talk Russians or Putin, but I don't want anyone here to bad talk the Democrats or Obama ever again.

Get a grip.

How about this? I won't bad talk Russians or Putin, but I don't want anyone here to bad talk the Democrats or Obama ever again.

Get a grip.

Or how about this? Let's all support what's best for America.....and lambaste and oppose President Obama and the Democrats and the Republicans when ever they do stupid things.....which seems to be most of the time.

I too am confused. Captain could you explain?

Blackwater might inadvertantly open fire on civilians who do not open their doors quickly enough for their census takers.

The difference between ACORN and Haliburton doing this would not involve bloodshed, but rather a 130 billion dollar cost overrun. However, Haliburton would show up at your door with well tailored suits.

Given ACORN's recent record of employee management, I can't imagine this would be a particularly good idea. Recall that the crux of the ACORN 'election fraud' scandal was that ACORN employees were registering people who didn't exist--essentially, they were making up names and filling out cards themselves so they could claim they worked their 8 hours a day.

ACORN's employee management would have to be significantly improved before I could buy into this one.

The OP is a joke, right?

Yes and no. ACORN has been asked to put the census form on their website (ACORN is one of 300 partner organizations including NAACP and Target involved in the Census). However, the US Census Bureau hires the door to door workers, not ACORN.

Here is the real joke: You can get a lot of conservative mileage with just a little misinformation.

Yes and no. ACORN has been asked to put the census form on their website (ACORN is one of 300 partner organizations including NAACP and Target involved in the Census). However, the US Census Bureau hires the door to door workers, not ACORN.

Here is the real joke: You can get a lot of conservative mileage with just a little misinformation.

Your just adding to the joke, right? The NAACP and Target? You kidder you.

Your just adding to the joke, right? The NAACP and Target? You kidder you.

No, a joke would be to add the Aryan Nations and the Klingon Empire.

The census is a valuable planning tool for the government. It is important that people in even hard to reach groups be counted in the census. If I were running things, I would make sure to especially include mental health outreach workers and soup kitchen administrators as well.

No, a joke would be to add the Aryan Nations and the Klingon Empire.

The census is a valuable planning tool for the government. It is important that people in even hard to reach groups be counted in the census. If I were running things, I would make sure to especially include mental health outreach workers and soup kitchen administrators as well.

With ACORN's habit of "accidentally" bungling names and numbers, and the NAACP's race baiting, am not so sure either is much different then having the Arayan Nations (which in itself could reach "hard to reach" populations... holed up anti-government racists, which are counted as citizens also)

I don't want anyone here to bad talk the Russians or Putin ever again. Now that we have taken the course of a banana republic maybe we'll need unbiased observers from Russia to monitor our elections for the next decade or so.

Dude, where were you 9 years ago?

:P

My feelings on Acorn are mixed. Remember Jack in the Box? After the terrible salmonella outbreak they ended up becoming one of the most reliable fast food places in terms of food safety. Hopefully Acorn learned from their mistakes (especially the 'pay for registering voters' incentive, that was just asking for trouble).

Dude, where were you 9 years ago?

:P

My feelings on Acorn are mixed. Remember Jack in the Box? After the terrible salmonella outbreak they ended up becoming one of the most reliable fast food places in terms of food safety. Hopefully Acorn learned from their mistakes (especially the 'pay for registering voters' incentive, that was just asking for trouble).

Apples and Oranges.

Jack is out to sell hamburgers to as many people as possible w/o regard to color, faith, or political leanings.

ACORN, on the other hand, is a far-left political organization who's sole mission is to get Liberals elected. And this last election wasn't the first time they've pulled this crap. It's a pattern and apparently they have yet to learn their lesson.

So who would you get to count the homeless and troubled neighborhoods?

As a side note, last time there was a count census workers came to my parent's house and asked about people who lived there ten years earlier. My dad said they didn't live there anymore, but he'd be happy to answer any questions about his family of 10. He was told to have a nice day and we didn't get counted, so our little town had 690 instead of the real 700 people in it when the new numbers were released. I wonder how many times that happens?

So who would you get to count the homeless and troubled neighborhoods?

As a side note, last time there was a count census workers came to my parent's house and asked about people who lived there ten years earlier. My dad said they didn't live there anymore, but he'd be happy to answer any questions about his family of 10. He was told to have a nice day and we didn't get counted, so our little town had 690 instead of the real 700 people in it when the new numbers were released. I wonder how many times that happens?

I was actually a census worker for a very short time, and we were very definately instructed to go to homeless hotspots. Under bridges, known "tent cities" etc... And surely there are more balanced organizations that could be involved other then ACORN and the NAALCP

Edited by Book_of_Mormon_Warrior

...Arayan Nations (which in itself could reach "hard to reach" populations... holed up anti-government racists, which are counted as citizens also)

Absolutely right. Involving this group to count themselves would not potentially be placing government census workers at risk. They do not get paid enough to risk life and limb. Or, possibly send in the AIG executives that did not voluntarily surrender their bonuses

:D