A prophet's work in progress

Impious

From the hand of Impious:

1 Those peoples who ignore the LORD of Hosts tread the path to damnation. The insolent spirits at work in such things are raised up by the Devil against the LORD, against the righteous, against the pure-hearted and meekly strong. 2 I see on the horizon a crisis like none yet endured by mankind- at once both simple and infernal, modest and gargantuan. 3 This coming crisis proceeds from man and its solution pleases the LORD. Those who live beyond it are of the greatest people, the greatest spirit.

PS For the record I am not a member of the Mormon Church, and won't be until you guys fully accept a moderate membership as I believe your spirit desires.

Edited by Impious

2 I see on the horizon a crisis

I said nothing of any current crisis. And I said nothing about any last days, either. My prophesy tells of a great future to come, here on Earth. I suggest you try to improve your philological skills.

Edited by Impious

From the hand of Impious:

PS For the record I am not a member of the Mormon Church, and won't be until you guys fully accept a moderate membership as I believe your spirit desires.

again not sure what you mean by moderate membership but the statement misses a huge part of our faith its not for us to accept a membership - its for Heavenly Father to dictate what is acceptable or not

-Charley

What I seek is a moderate Mormon Church- one that openly condones a few beers and a cup of tea etc, provided it not be to excess- that sort of thing. Personally, I think it would be in the interests of both the Church and the population to go that way.

What I seek is a moderate Mormon Church- one that openly condones a few beers and a cup of tea etc, provided it not be to excess- that sort of thing. Personally, I think it would be in the interests of both the Church and the population to go that way.

thats where its not our decision to make we don't set the standards. If you trust and know the LORD why would no beer and tea be a big deal? if they are the reason people have trouble with the church then the beer and tea become God and Heavenly Father is less important

-Charley

Moderate is not a word that can be assigned to the LDS church or the gospel of Jesus Christ. You either move forward or you go backward ... there is no such thing as fence sitting. I had a friend who told me one time that she and her husband went out to dinner after church each Sunday ... she said that she knew that the Lord had said keep the sabbath day holy but the Lord would understand. Backwards or forwards? He doesn't qualify what he asks us to do ... we do that and try to justify what we do by saying "once won't hurt" or "the Lord will understand". The LDS church is not so much a religion as a way of life ... we try very hard to live what we believe. To quote a plaque I gave my father once. "He never said it would be easy ... only that it would be worth it." Moderate will never happen in the church. If we seek to be only moderate we can only expect moderate blessings ... somehow that just doesn't quite seem good enough to me.

So many people here are left in a limbo- the tragic spirit of the Mormon is their home yet they are asked to give up such important parts of their culture, things which the LORD actually condones when practiced in moderation. Adonai does not admonish me for having a beer or two or drinking a cup of tea, so what right does an Elder have to say I'm doing the wrong thing? May I remind you that Adonai is yours too...

Edited by Impious

So many people here are left in a limbo- the tragic spirit of the Mormon is their home yet they are asked to give up such important parts of their culture, things which the LORD actually condones when practiced in moderation. Adonai does not admonish me for having a beer or two or drinking a cup of tea, so what right does an Elder have to say I'm doing the wrong thing? May I remind you that Adonai is yours too...

its not an Elder that is saying anything - whether you accept the Lord as your head and personal revelation and the Church is true etc is between you and Him

But to be LDS is to follow the Lords teaching, when God gave out Kosher the previous health law he did not say a little bit ofpork is good for you

-Charley

You know, if you are yet to experience the LORD's love of Apollinian Dionysian ways, perhaps your spirit is ignoring the LORD? I have already said something about that sort of thing. A tragic New Idol is quickly gaining ascendency amongst a sizable proportion of the Australian population (Mormons included), and I believe beyond any doubt that it be the LORD's will and the sanctfied way of the future. Truly, it's the only complete solution for our (very enlightened) culture.

Edited by Impious

No one is left in limbo ... the Lord gives commandments and then we have the agency to follow or go our own way. No one is telling me I can't do something. The Lord says this is what I want you to do but you can choose. Joshua comes to mind .... "Choose ye this day whom you will serve ... as for me and my house ... we will serve the Lord." It is an individual choice ... but the Lord doesn't lower the bar just so more can come over ... He expects us to rise to Him. I firmly believe that it is not good enough to endure to the end ... we need to endure and do it well. Question ... is your occasional beer something you have to have or something you want to have? Overcoming the natural man is putting aside wants and looking to something better.

Question ... is your occasional beer something you have to have or something you want to have? Overcoming the natural man is putting aside wants and looking to something better.

It's a harmless pleasure that even yields some good thoughts sometimes. Desire is fundamentally OK. So is pleasure, although it's often misused. The task is not to rid oneself of wants, but to become perfectly moderate whilst remaining super-abundant (the Apollinian Dionysus- also 'meek', praus).

Edited by Impious

May I also add that The LORD of Hosts speaks differently throughout the ages. In short: God's will changes from time to time. Unfortunately, some of the Bible's authors failed to allow for this in their writings. My Spanish friend Francisco Garcia (a very knowing Catholic monk) puts it more poetically (and also more heretically): 'Good became God'.

Edited by Impious

There are other "LDS" sects that may fit what you're looking for.

However, they are break-aways from the mainstream Mormon church.

There are various long-winded frisbee-flipping LDS subculture groups you might wish to associate yourself with, like the New Order Mormons or the Foyer Mormons.

They will get along with you. And to the extent that they are able to grasp that you have found things inside the church you disagree with, and things outside the church you agree with, they'll support you. I don't think mainstream LDS folks (like this board caters to) really will.

LM

Oh no, the scribes have got their panties in a knot.

1) I would never presume to instruct the LORD, even if there were a chance of him doing other than his own will.

2) I'm a teacher, not a revolutionary. And trust me, you could all learn a few important things from me.

3) I'm not here to rock the boat. I made my position clear as a matter of honesty to other forum members but have no plans to push any agenda. Again, I'm a teacher, not a revolutionary. I seek to become a welcomed member of this online community for the benefit of all.

4) I have learned recently that the situation of American Mormons in particular neccessitates a different approach in regards to what is taught in order to produce the best results. Perhaps some spirits claimed that my posts gave mandate for action and attempted to free themselves of the American fetter (perhaps imprudently)- I don't know for sure. The spirit does tend to undertake experiments from time to time, and likes to have some reasons up its sleave (no matter how circumspect) for the timing of them. But if something like that did occur, I severely doubt it will happen again in our time.

5) The burden upon me to choose my words wisely is heavy, and I still have much to learn regarding many topics. But I will do my best to walk the tightrope of truth without causing a fuss. And even if I should waver slightly in this regard, I'll still be doing a thousand times better than most.

Edited by Impious

The task is not to rid oneself of wants, but to become perfectly moderate whilst remaining super-abundant (the Apollinian Dionysus- also 'meek', praus).

Matt. 5: 48

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Where is "moderate" in this statement?