A dying breed

Qtpie

Approximately .22% of the world population is LDS (14,000,000/6,500,000,000). Assuming that about half of those members are male, you're looking at around .11%.

Of course the real trick is trying to figure out how many of said males are: 1.) Priesthood holders, 2.) old enough to marry, 3.) Not so old that it would be weird, and 4.) are NOT just "Sunday Mormons."

Just for the sake of simplicity, let's say that cuts out 10% per criterion. Now we're looking at .003% of the world (assuming I've done my math right)... About 195,000 men... And I just realized that I didn't subtract any amount from that number to reflect single men... So we'll just cut that in half again for 97,500 guys on planet Earth... That's a 97,500 to 1 chance that you will find a decent guy. Pretty good odds if you ask me :)

So are there a lot of worthy priesthood holders who are single? YES. Are they rare? YES. Make some sense out of that now :confused::confused: