Ezra Taft Benson on Secret Combinations.

PastorBob

Ephesians 6: 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The best way to deal with them I believe is located in the book of Jasher, chapter 2: 11, to take control over the master of these "Gadianton Robbers" and thus they themselves.

"Is not this written in the Book of Jasher?"Joshua 10: 13.

"Behold it is written in the Book of Jasher."II Samuel 1: 18

The book of Jasher chapter 2:

10 And Enosh lived ninety years and he begat Cainan;

11 And Cainan grew up and he was forty years old, and he became wise and had knowledge and skill in all wisdom, and he reigned over all the sons of men, and he led the sons of men to wisdom and knowledge; for Cainan was a very wise man and had understanding in all wisdom, and with his wisdom he ruled over spirits and demons;

12 And Cainan knew by his wisdom that God would destroy the sons of men for having sinned upon earth, and that the Lord would in the latter days bring upon them the waters of the flood.

13 And in those days Cainan wrote upon tablets of stone, what was to take place in time to come, and he put them in his treasures.

14 And Cainan reigned over the whole earth, and he turned some of the sons of men to the service of God.

Pictures by PastorBob - Photobucket

(Pardon the grainy cell phone photos.)

I would like to also bring to attention the practices of at least three LDS prophets (Joseph Smith, Wilford Woodruff, and Ezra Taft Benson) which earned my deepest respect for them, despite my not being a Mormon:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/barrett.html

This url says, “Rather than seeing the use of magic and astrology as evidence against Joseph Smith I had greater respect for him and the coherence of his world view.”

Amen to that statement a hundred times over! One of my good local friends in the Mormon church brought these things to my attention, telling me that Joseph Smith had been given a copy of Francis Barrett’s “The Magus” for his 12th Birthday from his father, when I mistakenly told him that Joseph Smith could not have been a prophet as he was not a practitioner of the arts (or so I thought at the time), as well sending me these photos of Wilford Woodruff’s Qabalistic tables from a drawer in the Salt Lake Temple (see below – I do not agree with the anti-Mormon sentiment displayed in the text, but the photos are well worth the look), which prompted me to read the excellent book of Mormon many years ago.

Pictures of Seer Stones

Yes indeed, we wrestle not against flesh and blood. The war over agency is a philosophical war for the minds of men. But our work is not to control our opponent, but to liberate the captives.

Babylon is a great and spacious building and our work is not to bring about its fall, for it has no foundation and will fall on its own (1 Nephi 8 and 11, note 11:36). Remember Mark 3:24-25.

Our work is not to destroy Babylon nor to overtake it, that kingdom is divided against itself and will endure a dramatic and gigantic fall therefore (Revelation 18). Our weapon is the sword which is the Spirit and the word of God. It is not a weapon that will strike the enemy to cut him, but it will cut the bands whereby our fellows are bound. As Paul described it: "that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." (Eph. 6:19-20)

-a-train

• 4 weeks later...

What are the photobucket pictures supposed to be of?

Stolas, including one of him evoked to visible appearance. The other two are cell phone photos of a special meeting...

Ezra Taft Benson spoke out against secret combinations, aka "gadianton robbers."

Just fancy names for secret societies.

Stolas as in (from wikipedia)

In demonology, Stolas is a Great Prince of Hell, commands twenty-six legions of demons (twenty-five to other authors), and teaches astronomy and the knowledge of poisonous plants, herbs and precious stones. He is also known as Stolos and Solas.

So the 2 pics of the "special meeting" don't have anything to do with this thread?

Stolas as in (from wikipedia)

So the 2 pics of the "special meeting" don't have anything to do with this thread?

It's all intertwined.

There are two sides of it, selling one's soul for worldly power, or controlling them instead, but one or the other has to be done to obtain power, authority, and wealth.

What's your point here, Bob?

I don't bother making any points. I just wanted to share.

Yet I suppose that, ultimately, it is that the Mormon Prophets speak the truth, and that it is ignored in just about every possible way by the majority of those who hear what they have to say.

Edited by PastorBob
Incomplete thoughts.

In the 13th Article of Faith, it states:

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

I highlighted the last sentence to make a point, some of these beliefs that are considered to be of Satan, and worship him, don't. One example that I can think of is Voodoo, just go to wikipedia, and search for the term of voodoo, and you get several different religious, and cultural suggestions. Hollywood just makes things even more confusing, when they stereotype, and make generalizations that are not true. A faith, or belief that is considered 'un-Christian' might have more truth than some Christian. A person could argue that prayer is just like an incantation. The main point that I'm making is that people need to learn about all beliefs and not to assume, or take other people's thoughts on a religion that is against it.

I don't bother making any points. I just wanted to share.

See, the idea of a message board, and starting threads, is to make it go somewhere. If you have nothing to say, why not just write notes to yourself?

Yet I suppose that, ultimately, it is that the Mormon Prophets speak the truth, and that it is ignored in just about every possible way by the majority of those who hear what they have to say.

You're right. We have a lot of people who listen to the Prophets of the Lord who never gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. What kind of pride do you think it takes to cherry-pick what you want to believe when a Prophet tells you the Book of Mormon is true but you refuse to submit to the will of God and Jesus?