Obama's Gift to British PM Ruined by DVD Zone Restrictions

LittleWyvern

President Barack Obama hasn't just been working hard to right the American automotive ship, he's also been looking to foster better international relations, meeting with PMs and Presidents of many nations. However, on one of those recent meetings he made a humorous technical snafu, that's something most of us can relate to.

While the DVD mistake is no big deal, obviously, it serves a humorous reminder at the frustrations caused by industry that insists on using region coding as a means of fighting piracy. Many argue that such restrictions do little to stop actual pirates, and instead merely hinder cultural exchange, by making it harder to play foreign movies and TV programs.

Article

Haha, I can totally relate to this, I'm too used to my DVD player (which currently is VLC on my computer) ignoring the zone restrictions. ^_^

never heard that. interesting. but most interestingly we are talking about the american government. you would think they would have something of such high technology as to make it possible. ooooo, could he have made a "legal" back up of the movie then give it to the PM for "safe keeping"? obviously burning the disk in the proper region code.