What was/is your favorite Conference talk or moment?

IMHO these men, albeit "nice" should have more respect, and we should have female drs for females and vice versa. It´s not as if there were a shortage of drs.

I guess we´ll just have to agree to disagree. Irrespective of some drs being GA´s, BUT, since you did mention OBs and GYNs, Yes, I do feel very strongly about why Males, should seek such a profession, especially LDS.

• 3 months later...

T. Monson, H. Eyring and Q. Cook - What wonderful messages.

From today's Salt Lake Tribune:

Mormons told to live in Service to Others

Religion » LDS who abandon Christian virtues may face disastrous consequences, says presiding bishop.

by Peggy Fletcher Stack

Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 10/05/2009 06:23:42 AM MDT

In what has become Thomas S. Monson's most frequent theme, the LDS president admonished Mormon faithful at the church's 179th Semiannual General Conference on Sunday to give their lives in service to others.

"We are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort and our kindness, be they family members, friends, acquaintances or strangers," Monson told the 21,000 people seated in the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City and millions of others watching via satellite. "Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and, figuratively, lose their life, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish -- and in effect save their life."

From today's Associated Press (AP):

by Jennifer Dobner

Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and thought," said President Henry B. Eyring, a counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "The joys come from putting the welfare of others above our own. That is what love is. And the sorrow comes primarily from selfishness, which is the absence of love."

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Elder Holland's powerful talk and testimony of the Book of Mormon. I wish I could be more forceful in sharing my own testimony.

I loved Elder Scott's talk about personal revelation, the importance of consistency, the importance of applying whatever inspiration you receive, and acting on the first impulse, not second guessing. I have a tendency to second guess and talk myself out of following the promptings I get from the Holy Ghost. That's something I need to work on.

I loved so many of the talks, all were wonderful, as always, but the one that hit home with me the most, and left me in tears, was Elder Anderson's talk about repentance, and why we often can't forget past sins, even after repenting. His talk gave me so much hope, especially his comment that we are not alone in our repentance; the long arms of the Savior reach out to us... and to our children, and they will return in the due time of the Lord.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

All of the talks were so inspiring, but my favorite was Thomas S. Monson's talk in the Sunday morning. He closed the session talking about the importance of gratitude. He is such a good speaker and you can just tell that he loves all people. There is always a hint of humor which is good, but the spirit he invited to conference is undeniable.

This talk really put things back in perspective for me. I have been blessed with so much and the greatest blessing has been the gospel. Where I would be without it I do not know or want to think about. having an attitude of gratitude is so important and I am working hard to obtain such an state of mind.

• 3 years later...