Mission call . . . when ?!

Guest JoshDwellington

Guest JoshDwellington

Hey !

When I got my final interview with my stake president, he told me :

"I'm going to send the papers this week, just count 6 weeks and you'll get your call, boy !!"

So I was super excited, but the 6th week has just passed, so I'm really freaking out . . .

Second thing is this girl in my ward told me she served her mission 5 years ago, and she had to wait for 'bout 4 months to get her call :o

Who should I listen to ?

What should I do ?

Call my stake president ?

Please heeelp

Josh

PS: I know I'm a bit nervous, but my mind still clear

UPDATE, Got it, for Australiaaaaaaaa

Edited by JoshDwellington

my advise, go and get serious with a girl, that will make it come faster since everything in life seems to come at the most inopportune time. lol i am kidding by the way. kinda, about the advise to get a girl i'm kidding. however, things do seem to come at inopportune times so beware of the girl that will show up (probably about the same time as your call) to distract you from you goal.

just keep doing what you should. it will come. congrats on your decision to serve a mission.

this may just be the most unhelpful post i've ever written.

Sometimes the call comes back in 10 days, sometimes it take a few months. They may be opening a new mission somewhere and trying to figure out how to fill it. They may have assigned you somewhere and then it didn't feel right so they're working on a re-assignment. the papers may have gone out late because they were sitting on your Stake President's desk. I've known two people whose papers inadvertently sat on the SP's desk for an extra six weeks after their final interview, just because the SP forgot to send them in. Call the stake executive secretary, ask if he can find out if (and when) your papers actually went in, just to confirm, and then sit back and wait. There's nothing else you can do.

Guest JoshDwellington

@ Gwen, LOL ! At first, I started to read it like it was so serious, then I just laughed hehe

thx anyways

@wingnut : the thing is they just changed stake president 2 weeks ago, can't get a hold of anyone !

My bishop is sick too and works abroad so . . . ahhhhh !

@beefche : I will

thx

Keep you aware, will post again for call

@wingnut : the thing is they just changed stake president 2 weeks ago, can't get a hold of anyone !

My bishop is sick too and works abroad so . . . ahhhhh !

The Stake Executive Secretary often remains the same in a stake presidency change, so that there is a voice of constancy. Try contacting him.

Okay... do you realize what time of the YEAR this is?

When do most missionaries enter the mission field??? Right after their college finals!!!

Guys, Church Headquarters should be OVERFLOWING with requests - because when you get your call, you usually leave 3 months later. It's April now, so if you get it in the next 2 weeks, you're still leaving in July/August - a PEAK time for missionaries to enter the field.

Be patient and remember that your call is from the Lord (but it's still delivered by the US Post Office)!

Just be patient! What skippy740 said makes sense. Everything happens for a reason!

How's this for timing:

My aunt who lives in Italy (where I also served my mission) babysat my first MTC companion when he was a baby and lived in Italy. His family was there just a short time for business and our families never never kept in touch after that. He grew up in NY and I'm from AZ. We didn't discover this connection until later on my mission. What were the chances that he of all people would be my first companion :)

Also no mission call work is done in the two weeks preceding General Conference. All of the Twelve and First Presidency are involved in meetings with all the other general authorities that come to town for conference. All mission calls are now tracked by stake online. You should be able to check with Stake President and find out the status of your paperwork and call. It would not be the first time that paperwork and interview were done and paperwork was misplaced along the way.

I personally would follow up.

Ben Raines

Guest JoshDwellington

Thank you everyone, for all the kind words and replies :)

Been busy fighting the Jehovah's witnesses lol

I'm going to check b/c I just can't control myself anymore !

Josh

Wrong terminology. You've been having a very friendly conversation with them.

I can tell you from experience, baptizing a Jehovah's witnesses and watching him learn the truth is amazing. This one man in particular had the missionary fire the day he was baptized. He was ready to run the streets and tell everyone why they were wrong and the LDS church was right. Of course, we had to help him realize we didn't use all the same 'methods' to share the gospel as he was use to. :lol:

Guest JoshDwellington

UPDATE !!

my stake president showed me a weekly sheet he gets from Salt Lake, and it read something like :

My name : assignment received. Call not sent yet. (roughly)

ahhhhhh :huh: I've waited for 8 weeks, seems like forever

Guest JoshDwellington

UPDATE !!

Got my mission call yesterday !! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

I'm going to serve in Australia, preach the Gospel in Cantonese (funny but cool anyways)

MTC New Zealand yeah yeah