Mission Call

bytebear

I was browsing YouTube, and came across a video of someone opening up their mission call paper and announcing to his friends and family where he would be going, and what language he would be speaking.

I have to say, it totally choked me up. The spirit was so strong.

Then I noticed another, and another, and ended up watching dozens of videos, all reading the same statement over and over again...

Dear Elder/Sister ____

You are hearby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the _________ mission.

What was wonderful was that no matter where they were going to be sent, or what language they would speak, every single one of them was excited and over joyed at their calling.

Here are some scriptures that I thought of when watching these videos:

Doctrine and Covenants 18:14-16

14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

2 Nephi 30:8

8 And it shall come to pass that the Lord God shall commence his work among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, to bring about the restoration of his people upon the earth.

Mosiah 3:13

13 And the Lord God hath sent his holy prophets among all the children of men, to declare these things to every kindred, nation, and tongue, that thereby whosoever should believe that Christ should come, the same might receive remission of their sins, and rejoice with exceedingly great joy, even as though he had already come among them.

Doctrine & Covenants 65:2

2 The keys of the kingdom of God are committed unto man on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth.

These videos have shown me through the sprit that these prophecies are being fulfilled even as we speak every day. Please watch these videos and know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ and that His work goes forth to all nations.

Edited by bytebear