New Ysa - LDS boys

hello everyone!

i'm new to the church and got baptsied last year, now... that i am a LDS i have found it incrediably hard to date... no i'm not a model or a typically hot girl <wafer thin that looks like you could snap her if you wanted to play catch > but... it's very confusing

and while i love and adore almost everybody, these lds men are... somewhat difficult to decode.

looking through these forums i see, looks are coming before anything else, and in my experience with the boys from church that is very true....

looks are... apparently everything to these boys... < note i used apparently >

looks do fade away as people get older, on both ends of the scale...

personality, compassion these are the things that should matter

i recently had one incident where a young lds man had taken my fancy, apparently i had too, that was till atleast i had the news that he had another girl on the scene...

while these boys may be mormon they are still men, just alot diffrent then non members...

i don't know i'm just babbling...

:confused:

someone throw me a bone here

around here, when i was in the ysa program (a bit over 8 yrs ago), we would have ysa conferences. they would be a whole weekend, 2 dances, lots of games, speakers, sunday services.... sometimes we'd get together in groups and travel up to 6 hours to attend one. they were well worth it. it was a great way to meet folks, especially for those of us that lived in smaller areas.

i'd suggest asking around and see if there are any in your area, and if not talk to your stake reps about planning one. we had our own networking email chain for sending out the info and spreading the news of the different conferences. it was such a good chain it took me a few yrs after i got married to stop getting the fliers. lol

oh one other thing that i found was very common among the lds here, seems to be a culture thing, not saying you should be ok with it, just another perspective. folks would date a lot of different ppl at once. i went out with a couple other guys while i was dating my husband (well the man who became my husband lol i don't date other men now), i know he dated several other girls. until we dated long enough that we both agreed it was progressing to something "more" it's not exclusive. it was an attitude of unless you actually said, "we are boyfriend/girlfriend" or something difinative it was expected you may and could date other ppl. not everyone was like that but a lot.

Edited by Gwen

haha yeah i'm going to one of those activites tomorrow night...

the thing is when you've had twenty years of going out and doing what you want, it's a huge shock to the system going to these dances and there's not a single mini skirt or low cut top to be found...

while this is confronting, i encourage the two other YSA's in our ward to attend also, and girls well, they travel in packs...

out of my entire ward, we are the three youngest girls there, over the age of 18, this makes it difficult for us to network with anybody...

we are all new members too... wards are difficult at the best of times but we can't become less actives...

these mormon guys do my head in though... so confusing... just like.. diffrent from non members, like the way you dress, speak it's just... yeah not sure how to ... approach that at all

As being a male YSA...closer to retirment that a new ysa... looks are a factor...but a minor one, and everyone is attracted to different things, and based on your pic..honelsty, i think you are attractive...but outer beauty is only so much...and depending on where you live...being a new converrt might be intimidating to some guys... I konw when i lived out in UT, me being a "re-active" guy..who has quite an interesting past..but am a worthy guy now..just that fact eliminated me from 90% of the girls out theres radar.. and still where I live now...I'm not an RM.. and have been told i look like Kevin James (king of queens)..and as far as i know he's not any girls fantasy guy.

The best advice i can offer, is be yourself, be freindly, and just be freinds, recently a pair of freinds of mine, who ere really close....and they finally realized that they like each other....and they "is like peas and carrots...."

not everyone is superficial, and to the right guy you will be the most beautiful girl in the world, I have learned in my nearly 30 yrs on this rock, a pretty girl is just that...but as your feelings for her grow, she gets bueatiful

Whether LDS or not, looks of a woman is a large factor; you can't hide that fact. The first thing to catch a man's attention will be the looks of a woman - what will keep him is the kind of person you are.

Look your best and go meet some guys - not ALL men will not like someone if they aren't a Kellie Pickler. Go out, have fun, and meet people. Give it time.

i recently had one incident where a young lds man had taken my fancy, apparently i had too, that was till atleast i had the news that he had another girl on the scene...

Did you talk about exclusivity? Or is it a case of you thought he was interested, he stopped going out with you and you found out he was going out with a different girl? Depending on how many dates you went on I suppose that could be akward. On review it looks like Gwen has gone into it.

these mormon guys do my head in though... so confusing... just like.. diffrent from non members, like the way you dress, speak it's just... yeah not sure how to ... approach that at all

Considering you're a member approach them as you would any other person who holds your standards. You said it yourself:

while these boys may be mormon they are still men

she's a white trash girl that won american idol a couple years ago...or at least was on it..now a country star....

Oh, JB, she's not white trash! She's very southern, but not white trash (if you've never met white trash, then I have some family members to introduce you to).

And she didn't win.

Here's a classic from her:

YouTube - funny kellie pickler are you smarter...

I would have to agree with Jbs here. I would rather date an intelligent girl who was slightly less attractive then say a beautiful blonde girl who has as much intelligence as a brick wall. I have seen that video and just shook my head that some people are actually like that. Our society is doomed lol.

I would have to agree with Jbs here. I would rather date an intelligent girl who was slightly less attractive then say a beautiful blonde girl who has as much intelligence as a brick wall. I have seen that video and just shook my head that some people are actually like that. Our society is doomed lol.

no wonder Obama got elected.....

kelly, if you get the chance, come visit the states and visit a singles ward..cute girl with that cool aussie accent...you'd have all sorts of boys talkin to ya....

and what is a cheetah boi????

Haha yeah Kiley the guys in North America would be all over you. Jbs "cheeah boi" means "yeah boy" or in other terms she is saying chocolate and movies are great or awesome.

:)

Tyler

lol, lost intrest in the movie half way through, and started belting out the tom jones...

oh yeah the boys are gonna be all over me...

" love is like candy on a shelllllf "

lmao... working in a music store is hard sometimes... you may leave at 6 but the songs stay in your head for hours...

• 8 months later...