Who are you REALLY?

Elphaba

I remember! I told you I wished we had had a chance to talk.

Unfortunatley, we were on separate ends of the table. Maybe we shoulld get a smaller table next time. ;)

Elph

I agree. When I get together with certain people, it takes hours just to get started talking! I see much joy in a lengthy afterlife...

HiJolly

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you, I am just as annoying IRL :)

haha I've met you in real life and I didn't find you annoying one bit. In fact I thought you were quite charming. :)

I remember! I told you I wished we had had a chance to talk.

Unfortunatley, we were on separate ends of the table. Maybe we shoulld get a smaller table next time. ;)

Elph

Or we do a non-date Speed Dating thing and rotate chairs every 5 minutes. Talk about messing with the waiters minds!

Or we do a non-date Speed Dating thing and rotate chairs every 5 minutes. Talk about messing with the waiters minds!

Unless of course we are at Olive Garden and it takes me away from my beloved Chad. :lol:

i will admit to the desire, never done it, of creating a fake persona. not so much for a long term forum thing. but just being very very upset about something and wanting to burn off steam by going to a chat i've never been to and just stir trouble to see how long till i got banned. lol it's sad that i would still want to do that after having been a mod that's had to deal with it. instead i just go to our chat and hope some punk comes in that i can ban. banning burns off steam just as well. lol

i will admit to the desire, never done it, of creating a fake persona. not so much for a long term forum thing. but just being very very upset about something and wanting to burn off steam by going to a chat i've never been to and just stir trouble to see how long till i got banned. lol it's sad that i would still want to do that after having been a mod that's had to deal with it. instead i just go to our chat and hope some punk comes in that i can ban. banning burns off steam just as well. lol

Is there a support group for disgruntled mods? Maybe an online chat group that meets once a week. But... who would moderate?

Just so it's not taken the wrong way with Gwen's comment about banning. She knows when to ban and when not to. Don't want people thinking she just bans people randomly to burn off steam. hahahaha

In another thread someone posted information about him/herself that turned out to not be true. So, it got me thinking.

Is anyone on the site who they say they are? I'm beginning to think we're all lazy slobs who lay in bed all day, log into lds.net, and pretend to be someone we're not.

Okay, that's me.

But seriously! I think we all have images of each other, and what we each "do" in our lives. I just wonder how far off, or close, our images are.

In fact, after one of our Utah get-togethers, one girl told me I was nothing like what she had expected. I asked her why. She said "let's just drop it."

I still have no idea what she was talking about. :P

Here's an example of what I mean: I notice a number of people are on the board for most of the day, and I sometimes wonder why. For me, it's because I'm disabled, and have nothing better to do. Plus, I obviously enjoy everyone immensely. . . even Pale. :P

Now I know most people are who they say they are, especially all of my friends. I know they look exactly like their pics, make exactly as much money as they tell me, have the perfect house, ex-spouse, and body, and really want to sweep me off my feet and marry me. Even the girls. Especially Siouxz. :P

But is Siouxz real?

Well, actually I've met Siouxz, so yes, I can vouch for her realness.

But what about the rest of you?

Elphaba

P.S. Nothing gross!

I'm a figment of the entire sites imagination. I made myself up and don't exist. Hope nobody is disappointed in me. And yet, how can you be disappointed in someone that doesn't exist?? :lol: Edited by Faded

I think I'm pretty much who I say I am online and offline, I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, so cannot really hide who I am in the posts I make. I worry that I reveal too much of myself sometimes, and take the consequences of that.

Wish I was as healthy as the puss in my avatar tho :(

This is exactly what I'm talking about. All this time I thought you were a guy, but you're obviously a girl!

You need a girly-girl avatar.

Elphaba

PS: Did I spell everything correctly?

I would have included that stuff you put on your eyelashes, but I couldn't remember what it's called. Mascara, that's it.

The irony is that my wife almost never wears makeup. I bet I can count how many times per year she wears makeup on the fingers of one hand, and still have fingers left over.

PS I dont' sea know mispelings.

Edited by Vort

Hmmm...

I'm 5'8 & 3/4" tall.

I'm totally full of it and not sure what it is, until checking with my family tree, then it all makes sense, I suppose.

I came from another planet, must have.

I'm a Pisces/Capricorn/Virgo

I have denim blue eyes with a touch of rainbow sparkle.

I have a rubber butt, and every time I turn around I go putt putt.

And truth gets me into more trouble than lying ever did for others.

Other than that, you'll have to trust that I am who I am and wait like everyone else for the book or movie of the week.

:D

Edited by GingerGolden

Exactly one of each set is true.

I was born:

A. a poor black son of sharecroppers.

B. under the sign of the goat.

C. under the sign "Hospital".

D. a girl.

I grew up:

A. traveling the world.

B. very popular with the girls.

C. under the tutelage of Stephen J. Gould.

D. but didn't necessarily mature.

While I was in college,

A. I was a Rhodes scholar.

B. I was visited by aliens.

C. I played I-AA football.

D. I was arrested for streaking.

The woman I married is:

A. a polyglot.

B. a polygraph tester.

C. polyamorous.

D. named Polly.

Our children all learned to read:

A. using the classic "Look-Say Method".

B. by reading the Book of Mormon.

C. by reading War and Peace.

D. in school, like everyone else.

I spend time on LDS.net because:

A. I am a loser with no life.

B. I am a looser with no life.

C. I have been called to serve my fellow men by politely but pointedly telling them how wrong they are.

D. BCUZ I R0XX0RZ UR F4C3 0FF, D00D!

Exactly one of each set is true.

I spend time on LDS.net because:

A. I am a loser with no life.

B. I am a looser with no life.

C. I have been called to serve my fellow men by politely but pointedly telling them how wrong they are.

D. BCUZ I R0XX0RZ UR F4C3 0FF, D00D!

WHY OH WHY can't we put more than one LOL on a post?! :lol:

I am who I am...

:eek:

I am an old foot ball, the one you DONT carry just kick

so I am an old football that has been kicked the air out.

But I still am here...:)

I also have somekind of disconnection between my fingers and my brain... leading to many interesting texts... interesting in that way if you can make out what I write:D Oh yeah it does have an very fine latin name on it too.. NO not my fingers the disconnection...

I suppose all 3 languages I use daily wont help in making myself easier understood...

But basickly yes ... I am a nut!

Gwens talk about banning was interesting... maybe I should start to ban (swear in Norwegean) :rolleyes:

Guest HEthePrimate

Due to the anonymity factor, I'm more likely to speak my mind online than in RL, but otherwise I'm pretty much the same. And I really am a primate! (Though not of the mandrill persuasion.) :D

His Excellency, the Primate