Who are you REALLY?

Elphaba

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood that. Women so "meek" they need the guy to be taller, or men so insecure that they must be taller then "their" women.

Disclaimer: I don't assume people who fit the tall guy shorter girl "mold" automatically fall into the above category.

I'm almost as tall as my fiance (who is real) and have wondered about wearing heels (i love them, also true). But if you've seen Battlestar Galactica you know one of the best couples is Caprica and Gaius. She wears heels almost all the time and is about 6 inches taller than him and they just look hot. When I pick up my fiance at th airport next time I'll wear my 3 1/2 inch red heels and see what happens :D

Internet is fun, you can try out all sorts of aspects of your personality and see which ones fit you. All I ask is you don't do it a lot while making friends. Basically, don't change your personality so much that when the real you comes through people will think you are a bald-faced liar lol. By all means use a screen name, don't give out a lot of personal info at first, and don't be as trusting as you would IRL and you'll be fine.

For everyone's info, I'm Wendy, I live in Idaho, I have 2 dairy cats (they look like milk cows) 1 child and a lot of student loans. And I love this site.

I look pretty much like in the photo, although i'm trying to lose a few extra pounds. I'm a non-traditional college student who is trying to change careers from computer programming/DB design to medicine. I'm married with no kids.

Initially I was on the site to explore the faith, but now it's to keep myself grounded- Since i'm barely young enough, I go to institute at school, and sometimes certain things come up (statements made by people about others- i'm not talking gospel or doctrine) that make me feel like I could never fit into this culture.... here I find people who have successfully synthesized similar beliefs with the church. I have got to believe that it's not that such people are rare, it's just that I don't really know any yet in real life.

Here's a for-instance from this week (thanks for listening les): while talking about conference at institute, prop 8 came up, and eventually people started talking about how "messed up people" gays were, etc... having a brother that's gay, I have got to believe that heavenly father loves him just as much as myself- he might not like the decisions he is making, but the love remains. To hear people who talk about how God loves "even hitler" and nearly in the same breath condemn an entire group of people solely for their acts made me quite sad.

So anyways- that's who I am, and why i'm here :)

Yep you for sure have to watch out for these people.

Posted Image

They are scary people.

My husband can make his face look like trolls. It totally freaks me out.

Also I am not as old as Palerider and BenRaines would have people believe.

But is BenRaines as old as you have led us to believe?

Something tells me he'd follow you wherever you went. He's got Pam radar now!

Pamdar!

so you're bald with no teeth?

Don't mention teeth around Pam. She gets a little nervous about it.

Who I am online vs. in real life. Hmmmm.

I don't talk about politics much in real life. I don't talk about them as much here anymore. Pretty much everyone I associate with in real life are LDS, and almost all of them very conservative, but not with the greatest give-and-take debating skills. I prefer to keep the friends I have. Here, I don't discuss politics as much because there's not so much discussion anymore as general Obama-bashing.

I'm less articulate in real life. I tend to express myself better online because I can edit my thoughts before publishing them. I can get out everything I want and/or need to say without worrying about interruption, distraction, time contraints, or running out of breath. *whew, breathe* For these reasons, when my husband and I are in an argument, we often deal with it while he's at work, and we email back and forth. It helps keep tempers from running too high.

I'm a sarcastic person online and in real life. However, I think I may push it farther on here than in person. Reason for this: I don't know any of you. I don't really know any of you. If one of you gets offended and decides never to speak to me again, it won't be the end of the world for me. I might be sad for a day, but I'll get over it. If I offend a real friend in real life, and they choose to end our friendship over it, that would be a tangible loss to me.

Also, I'm short.

There are varios reasons why people do no portray who thay really are. Some are hiding behind some one who may not look to good to other people but there are other reasons.

Birthdate is one example. If you have taken any ID theft classes as of late, this and the Social Security number are the two big ones that a ID thief can use to steel your ID and create a nightmare from a legal standpoint. I cannot tell you how much my inbox fills up every day with some fishing sceem, fake companies, or other scam that is trying to steel my personal bank or other personal information. It happens every day and as a network admin, I have a trained eye what is and what is not lagitamite.

Now, I will not reveal who I am entirely online. One reason is if this laptop is ever stolen, the thief cannot gain enough information from it "I hope" to use it against me but dont think it may be a issue.

Another reason is because I have done work for law enforcment in the past so that is another reason.

But in the end, I do not see a reason why a person cannot at least generlize who thay are without lieing about it.

About me? Well im middle age, I am a bit of a techy but at times, cannot stand it because I also like being outside or doing things with people away from home. I am also some one who likes the enviroment and is keenley aware of what we as a race is doing to our planet. I am trying, with my limited budget to putgether alternative means of energy self independance on a small scale. With my loss of my job, I am looking for work in the telcom or pc support industry. It is a tough to find work here in BC Canada because it is so flooded with technical positions. Also, about ID theft, I posted a position that would need to be filed if I was to work for my self. Got 100 responces for a network support position. So now, you can see just how bad the field is here.

IT carrer-

10 years ago, I started my IT carrer working as a permatemp at Microsoft.I have a nack for VOIP engineer/support and linux. Have my own IP-PBX server and if you want a account to call me for free give me a shout :) I can also set up conferance calls.But it has been years since moving here to work in it full time. I recently left a company doing Telcom installations so know how to install telephone cabeling.

-Personality

My personality is some what a cross because a little interesting, some times anoying but also, funny "I make my wife crack up sometimes with the one liner comments" and I can be also quiet and passive. As a young boy I was quiet and shy. Millitary changed me :) if you have any Q's ask me about it as a carrer or avoid it if thats not your direction.

-Mechanical

I am a past automotive mechanic who works on other peoples cars from time to time. Ask me any time about a car that was built prior to 1998. I use a type of autocad to design conceptual ideas and lately have had a interest in CNC machining.

I can now asses a persons profile mostly by there body language and structure of there voice in a conversation. Why, because I have been burned before in finacial transations and now know who I should be dealing with. You can google "personallity and criminal profiling" and understand people for who thay really are.

No im not from BC. I married my future wife who sponsored me and she is from here :). but im still close to home which is seattle.

Anyway, goto go. Enjoy :)

Edited by bcguy

I think the faking of information usually comes from chat rooms where people exchange personal information without expectation that they will ever meet the other person. When it happens on message boards, it is a bit disconcerting. Makes you wonder what other information is fabricated.

Over the course of years, I have learned that some posters furnish phony data for anonymities sake. I can understand that, but I still do not appreciate it, such as guys posing as gals. Honesty has to be the best policy for good board rapport. People do not have to furnish details about themselves, but when they choose to do so, it should be honest.

For Elphaba's information, the back of my avatar looks pretty sexy.

;)

Well I for one can't be dishonest on this website. I have a brother in law who also uses this website all the time who would know in an instant if I were being dishonest or not. Dang it.