Who are you REALLY?

Elphaba

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden

Edit: Elphaba, you might be talking about me in my thread on wealth. Someone else made that mistake. But read the first post, where I start the thread off by saying I am poor. :)

Wow, someone has the power of resurrection, as this thread has risen from the dead. I know it's not me, because if I could resurrect anything, it would be my body at twenty-five.

No, Mike you were not who I was talking about in my OP, so no worries. I've sent you a PM.

Elph

I am pretty much the same in real life as I am here on the forum. I have such an unusual and rare first name that I never use it on the internet.

I use the nickname my husband gave me. Iggy. I was born in Igloo South Dakota.

I am not ashamed of how old I am, 57. I am proud of my grey hair. I earned every single one of them!

I have danced with the devil, survived and will NEVER do that again. Been there, done that and DO NOT want the T-shirt. I have also learned from my mistakes, trials and tribulations. I am what I am now, as a result from what I have gone through in my life. I have worked hard at not being bitter and revengeful. During the years of my separation and divorce, I prayed constantly, I got blessings of strength to keep me from becoming bitter. It was hard- very hard. During those years I came back to Church, received my Endowments and conquered the adversary!

I am opinionated, though I will not discuss politics in person or on line. But I will discuss pretty much anything else in person and on line.

It is foolish to lie and do a false identity-life. Father made us in a way where we can not remember our lies, thus we trip ourselves up when we lie.

My real life is pretty boring. I'm pretty much the same online as I am offline. Only different is you guys online don't get to see how clumsy I am :D. The number of things I run into, hit my head on, stub my toes on, or trip over is pretty embarrassing. I've stopped counting how many doors I walk into in a week, it's demoralizing.

I don't suppose anyone would recognize me in the real world.

I guess I kind of like that. I sometimes get excited that I could have a conversation with someone who I may never speak to in 3D. Sometimes I love it cause I can explore and express a different side of myself. Other times I get frustrated cause I feel like if someone could hear my voice and see my face they might understand me better.

Guest TheLutheran

Ok . . . maybe not . . . but I'm tall (5'8") and willowy. A cross between Helen Hunt and Jamie Lee Curtis would play me in the movie of my life. I probably don't post enough meaty stuff for y'all to get a real grasp on me but I'm thoughtful, open-minded, and caring to a fault -- I take in strays mainly in the form of my daughters' boyfriends -- one of which is LDS **gasp**. Ok . . . not literally . . . we just accept them into the fold as if they were our own. :sunny:

We lead a simple life (we're farmers) where God's hand is evident everyday. We spend most of our time and attention on **real** things like soil, crops, irrigation, livestock and securing our retirement exclusive of Social Security. I'm probably fiestier in my own mind than I am in person or online. :P

Hmmmm... I have never attempted to change who I am online, though I am one heck of a lot more outspoken online than I am in real life. I don't know how many would believe that I'm actually a really shy person who tends to observe more than contribute to discussions in reality. But I have never lied online about who I am. More recently I have tried to not publish my actual name on forums that I am a member of, though a couple of members on here know who I am.