Who are you REALLY?

Elphaba

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been fun reading through each response and some of the answers.

I have no problem sharing some of my life and who I am. I too am like Popeye, I yam what I yam.

I was born of goodly parents.

Whole family joined LDS church just before my 16th birthday.

Served a mission speaking spanish.

Married at Manti between semesters.

Have been a truck driver, sold house plants, insurance- life, home and auto, entered securities business, served in Marine Corps, police officer ten years, managed over 80 million dollars of other peoples money, raised over 70 million dollars of investors assets for real estate transactions. Lived out of the country for four years. Lived in 17 different places in 33 years of marriage.

My profile picture is me. Josie from here has met me. No one else has. I keep dropping by where Pam works so many long hours but she is never there. Hmmm.

I have been active in the church since I joined.

I love technology but know nothing about programing our otherwise. Just enjoy technology and the fun I have with it.

The last part is I am a friend to many. On my headstone I wish it to say "He was a friend to many".

I will be 55 this year. Qualify for senior discounts.

For those younger it was just the other day I was 25 so don't blink or you will be where I am in a moment.

Ben Raines

Only my name is not mine :)

Real? Sure. Am I the good mormon boy I portray on the internet..? Not by a long shot. I'm extremely.. 'venomous' for lack of a better word. In real life. I was born that way.

I've got a nasty problem which involves me placing more value on 'winning' than being a nice person.

Elphaba you bring up the eternal web question.

I am a computer geek. I am on the computer a LOT. With work, and home. I am always on doing this or that. I myself have always been who I am, Why? Cause I like who I am. I have my faults and what nots. But so does everyone.

I run into the same thing while playing Online games. Is this person really who or what they say they are? It's hard to tell.

I just run with it. If someone really wants to say something they are not, Oh well.

And I LOVE that Brad Paisley Song.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Troll's limerick

Who am I? Well...why do you ask?

Are you looking to take me to task?

Or douse my post's fire

And show I'm a liar?

Hey...that's why I'm wearing a mask.

Edited by Vort

I'm quite different online than I am offline. However, it's certainly not intentional. While I have my occasional outbursts on this forum, overall i'm a lot nicer here than I am in real life.

It's just so much easier to be kind online, it takes a while to type out your thoughts, so you get a chance to think before you "speak". Real life does not work that way so I come across as very hateful and sarcastic in "real life" because I have a bad habit of letting my mouth run away with me.

I've met several people from off internet message boards and forums. With the exception of one, we did not stay offline friends very long. Mostly because I think they are disappointed that I am not who they thought I was.

However, it is certainly not the result of my desire to deceive. It's the result of posts having an "edit" button. I wish life worked that way.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone on the site who they say they are? [snip]

But what about the rest of you?

I'm the "what you see is what you get" type, online and in realspace. I hope my postings accurately reflect my personality, beliefs, etc., since any bio info I've posted is correct (might be a little vague, for obvious reasons, but any details given are true). I'm a full-time homemaker at present, so have plenty of time and in fact find a majority of my social life online. Aside from the odd schedule we live on in my household, due to my husband's work schedule, and transportation issues, in summer here it's hot enough that I don't cope very well with being outside, so hole up indoors (and our car's AC doesn't currently work).

I do try to, as they say, "keep it real" as far as how I present myself online, simply because that's the honest way to go, and I don't see any point in going to the time and hassle to create and maintain a false persona.

For the record, I'm NOTHING like my picture.

Not yet, anyway. You'll get there someday, I hope. :)

My picture is my two very real pets currently in my household (the picture is probably six years old or so, but they haven't changed much. We've moved since then, so the apartment is about two addresses ago). In fact, the cat is right now plastered against my leg watching me type this, the bird is hanging out on her nest.

Edited by Seanette
added second paragraph