Warning system for High Council talks

pam

It was the Sunday that a Stake High Council member was speaking. True tradition, the High Councilman's talk was dragging on. Not only was it past the time for his talk to end, it ws well past the time for Sacrament Meeting to end. The congregation was getting restless and the children very fidgety.

My then two and-a-half year-old son finally had had enough and decided to take matters into his own hands. His stood up on the bench and with all the voice of authority that a toddler can muster proclaimed, "Amen. Go home!"

After the ripple of laughter from the congregation died down, the High Councilman stated, "Well, I guess it's about time to wrap this up." He then quickly bore his testimony and sat down.

The High Councilman must have shared this experience, because the next month at the beginning of his talk, the visiting High Councilman said, "I will keep my remarks brief. I hear your ward has a warning system should I speak too long."