The last days some thoughts

azaware

Just a year ago I was thinking I didn't see to much evidences that the end times would be upon us anytime soon. I was sure we might be looking maybe 50 yrs down the road. But just in a short 60 some days that has went right out the window. With the out of control spending reaching 10 trillion and their saying 4 trillion more added to that. What are there? 300 million people in the US? Not sure is my math is right is that $3.3 million per person will have to pay back? I mean give me a $100,000 and I’ll be happy and that’s not counting interest. Its like Obama and the Dems is taking us down the road of no return. Its like please please give us back Bush. If I recall 2 years ago the Reps lost congress because as the media put it they were out of control spending. Well that was chump change to what Obama looking to spend.

So how is everyone feeling about what has taken place and check this site out to get a respective of just what a trillion dollars looks like.

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

Edited by azaware

I thought your post was about the last days then it went to Obama and money. Why do all members hate Obama?? I LOVE him! He is charismatic and straight talking and passionate about America. How can anyone want that blank eyed idiot Bush who was basically nothing more than a puppet? Me and my husband watched his inauguration with tears in our eyes at such a profound and historic moment in history I felt proud to be able to witness. Give him a chance he is barely in office and still has learning to do. But he obviously loves America and will come good.

As for the last days...I really don't think we should dwell too much on it. People in the 1500s thought it was the last days when the Catholic church was destroyed by Henry VIII. I'm sure all the wars in history have been hailed as the end of the world. The 30s depression. Now its the global economic crisis.

We could use anything as a sign of the end of the world. I feel we should concentrate on living our lives and improving ourselves otherwise we will be constantly looking to the end and death. Focus on living!!

I thought your post was about the last days then it went to Obama and money. Why do all members hate Obama?? I LOVE him! He is charismatic and straight talking and passionate about America. How can anyone want that blank eyed idiot Bush who was basically nothing more than a puppet? Me and my husband watched his inauguration with tears in our eyes at such a profound and historic moment in history I felt proud to be able to witness. Give him a chance he is barely in office and still has learning to do. But he obviously loves America and will come good.

Good question. Wasn't there some investment banker sitting on one of the Apocalypse ponies? Otherwise that leap of association does seem somewhat tangential.

Has there ever been a studying linking water contamination from the lead pipes of the baptismal font to conservatism?

:)

As for the last days...I really don't think we should dwell too much on it. People in the 1500s thought it was the last days when the Catholic church was destroyed by Henry VIII. I'm sure all the wars in history have been hailed as the end of the world. The 30s depression. Now its the global economic crisis.

We could use anything as a sign of the end of the world. I feel we should concentrate on living our lives and improving ourselves otherwise we will be constantly looking to the end and death. Focus on living!!

I don't hate him. We don't know anything about him. We just know he looks good and can read from a teleprompter really good and he has his birth certificate sealed.

I want to talk about the last days. In the last days from what I understand there will be collapses in are economy. What better way to do this then to spend more money then there is in the world. I guess since it's ok you would do that to your family? Be heavily in debt and then take out another million-dollar credit card and spend it? I mean it's not like he knows what he is doing. Has he ever ran or gave a paycheck anyone? No. And since when has the Government been able to run anything? All I see in this 10+ trillions dollars is a lot of people getting rich. Look and you will find don't believe me. As soon as Obama became Senators out popped a very high paying job for his wife. Mean while look at all the tax dollars that went to her place of work. Then funny the made up job will not be filled. And lets don't talk about how he got has house. Oh yeah and I heard the King had some really nice shoes. That Obama just wanted to get a good look at.

So if we are to talk about the last days..why does your post end AGAIN with your obvious dislike and distrust of Obama? What really is the subject you want to talk about?

So if we are to talk about the last days..why does your post end AGAIN with your obvious dislike and distrust of Obama? What really is the subject you want to talk about?

How can anyone want that blank eyed idiot Bush who was basically nothing more than a puppet?

I guess your friends with soul searcher so did you not read her post? Who opened the door? Edited by azaware

What?

Just a year ago I was thinking I didn't see to much evidences that the end times would be upon us anytime soon. I was sure we might be looking maybe 50 yrs down the road. But just in a short 60 some days that has went right out the window. With the out of control spending reaching 10 trillion and their saying 4 trillion more added to that. What are there? 300 million people in the US? Not sure is my math is right is that $3.3 million per person will have to pay back? I mean give me a $100,000 and I’ll be happy and that’s not counting interest. Its like Obama and the Dems is taking us down the road of no return. Its like please please give us back Bush. If I recall 2 years ago the Reps lost congress because as the media put it they were out of control spending. Well that was chump change to what Obama looking to spend.

So how is everyone feeling about what has taken place and check this site out to get a respective of just what a trillion dollars looks like.

Yes your right. Is there something here untrue?

Edited by azaware

I guess your friends with soul searcher so did you not read her post? Who opened the door?

You did:

Its like Obama and the Dems is taking us down the road of no return. Its like please please give us back Bush.

Now you didn't call him the anti-christ but that there is called politics. Actually your post is completely political I don't see any end days religious discussion at all. Which is fine, but if you post about politics people are gonna reply with politics and people who opened to a post about, "the last days some thoughts." on a religious board are gonna wonder, "Huh? Where's the talk of the last days?" People are going to wonder what it is you want to talk about? The title or the subject of your post.

How can anyone want that blank eyed idiot Bush who was basically nothing more than a puppet?

I don't hate Obama by any means (I don't agree with all of his policies but he's hardly the anti-Christ) but I think he's just a much a puppet as Bush. The act of becoming President makes one beholden to a lot of people, if nothing else anyone but an Independant is going to be beholden to their party (and considering the money and support required I'm not even sure an Independent would be truly such).

Besides, I thought Bush was shifty eyed not blank eyed? :D

Edited by Dravin

We should never see one's pollitics as acceptable based upon the failures of another.

The Traveler

I guess your friends with soul searcher so did you not read her post? Who opened the door?

What exactly is that supposed to mean? You opened the door with your OP.

OK, as the resident non LDS member, I will add my two cents. The spirit has been telling me that something big is on the horizon and signs are everywhere. We have a president who is lacking in morals. Abortion, stem cell research and fiscal responsibility are just for starters. He is charismatic and can I mention, the anitchrist will also be charismatic. No, I do not believe he is the antichrist, but he is a good example of just how the masses will be sucked into him when he does come. Sad, but true. I have followed the LDS lead in preparing my family for the downfall of this country. We have food supplies and a place to go when it is time. It is only a matter of time before we see protests turn violent, food shortages, gangs out of control (like the border) and a general disregard for the law. Law enforcers will be overwhelmed. I have neighbors out of work and having their homes foreclosed on. Suicides are just around the corner. I am lucky to live in Utah where so many of us are prepared thanks to your church. I own a ranch and all my neighbors are LDS. We look after each other as family. What I have they have and vice versa. Yes I think the revelations are soon to come true. I will be glad to rapture with you and sing holy holy to God. Jim

OK, as the resident non LDS member, I will add my two cents. The spirit has been telling me that something big is on the horizon and signs are everywhere. We have a president who is lacking in morals. Abortion, stem cell research and fiscal responsibility are just for starters. He is charismatic and can I mention, the anitchrist will also be charismatic. No, I do not believe he is the antichrist, but he is a good example of just how the masses will be sucked into him when he does come. Sad, but true. I have followed the LDS lead in preparing my family for the downfall of this country. We have food supplies and a place to go when it is time. It is only a matter of time before we see protests turn violent, food shortages, gangs out of control (like the border) and a general disregard for the law. Law enforcers will be overwhelmed. I have neighbors out of work and having their homes foreclosed on. Suicides are just around the corner. I am lucky to live in Utah where so many of us are prepared thanks to your church. I own a ranch and all my neighbors are LDS. We look after each other as family. What I have they have and vice versa. Yes I think the revelations are soon to come true. I will be glad to rapture with you and sing holy holy to God. Jim

I mostly agree with you but it is my impressions that the things you point to as indications of the end are in reality the norm throughout history and not a resent exception.

The Traveler

President Obama is a charming and very likable fellow....how he ended up with Michelle is beyond me. He has a smile that really draws you in.......Bill Clinton had that type of charm as well. I don't hate President Obama....I do hate his policies. I would gladly take President Clinton over Obama.

George Bush was not the best speaker and did an awful lot that I disagreed with....but he was definitely not a puppet. Bush got the same treatment that Clinton received from the Right. Bush was not evil, he was not Hitler and he wasn't stupid.......nor was Clinton evil or stupid.

Regarding the OP.......I can see how people might link Obama to the last days. Not becasue he is evil, but his spending policies will ultimately diminish the financial foundation of our nation. As Americans, we should be outraged at the spending. If I had to name the most disastrous policy of the Bush years, it was his fiscal policy. The tax cuts were great, but the spending and growth of the government was crazy. Bush was a big spending liberal and Obama is Bush on steroids. Our country elected a black man-yippee!! Now if we could finally move on from race and really look at the policies and try to be Americans and not kool-aid consumers for the Democratic and Republican parties.....we would all be much better off.

I can think of two signs that the Last Days are still far off.

• Jesus said that before the Last Days the Temple at Jerusalem would be destroyed so that no stone would remain upon another. The Western Wall is still left, with thousands of stones still upon one another.
  • When Temples in Salt Lake Valley are 7 miles apart, I don't think we'll be leaving them for Missouri any time soon.

So, the OP thinks its the last days because he doesnt like Obama's policies? Like I said, you could apply this logic to every member since Joseph Smith who didn't like the current President/Prime Minister. What does that have to do with the last days??

Its good to be prepared, I absolutely agree. But I think acting like some of the christian fundamentalists I see down the town 'The end is nigh, you will all burn,' etc doesn't help anybody. We should be prepared, not overtly dwell on the 'imminent' end (200 years?? who knows!) and move on with our lives.

• Jesus said that before the Last Days the Temple at Jerusalem would be destroyed so that no stone would remain upon another. The Western Wall is still left, with thousands of stones still upon one another.
  • When Temples in Salt Lake Valley are 7 miles apart, I don't think we'll be leaving them for Missouri any time soon.

Missouri?

Yeah I guess things will need to get more wicked which you can see starting right here. Here we have a Pres. putting "crooks" in high-ranking positions and crooks already here in the Federal government. Several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of bribery and tax fraud. A Pres. that not only believes in Abortion but not once but 3 times tried to pass a law that if there was a botched Abortion and the baby was living that it be killed. And 52% of the voted doesn't have not one problem with any of it. I think even though we will be headed for a rough road with the out of control spending that in 2010 the Reps will be voted back in to congress and reverse us going off the cliff. But in the end will go as the Jews and the Nephi. As the wicked keeps getting a hold in are Schools, Hollywood, Media and are Government, get to the kids.