Rights and Responsibilities ??

I'm interested in knowing the rights and responsibilities of a LDS church member ?? I mean when some one becomes a new LDS church member what things are expected from him? what rules and commandments he should follow? and what rights he gains ??

Thanks

That is an interesting question if I've seen one. But yes, indeed, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would be the best place to start.

When baptized, you are given an interview. In that you are required to basic comitments and beliefs.

The interview questions are listed here:

Baptismal Interview Questions

Here are the guidelines for someone giving the interview:

LDS.org - Leadership Chapter Detail - Interviewing

Once you are a member, you may be asked to fill a calling. It is completely voluntary, and you can say no, but the ward is run by it's members and as a member, you may be asked to help run things in some way or another.

I'm interested in knowing the rights and responsibilities of a LDS church member ?? I mean when some one becomes a new LDS church member what things are expected from him? what rules and commandments he should follow? and what rights he gains ??

Thanks

We're expected to keep God's commandments and always trust Him. We are expected to serve one another and to serve in the Church the best we can. If you are married, we are expected to be faithful to our spouse and to go to the temple and be sealed to our families and then return to the temple to worship as often as possible.

As a confirmed member of the Church, we have the rights to have the Holy Ghost with us as a constant companion as long as we strive to follow the Lord's will and to obey His commandments.

Does that answer your questions? Feel free to ask if it hasn't.

Thanks for asking!

As a new member it can be difficult starting from scratch, the main things that we are expected of us, its to open our hearts, be humble and allow yourself the time to grow...

the thing is when your new, these seem huge... and it can be hard to change your lifestyle to fit arond the gospel.

but we have to remember to build upon foundations that are strong and the love of christ for us.

we are taught to follow the commandments. < that is an important one >

study the scriptures...

and to follow the word of wisdom....

we have to remember we are not all alike, there's been many times we're people comment "you don't seem the church going kind "

you don't have to be perfect, as somebody at my ward once said " this is a hospital for sinners " < not in a bad way > we aren't perfect but we are striving for spiritual perfection.

lead by example. that is an important factor, surround yourself with loving people who will support you and encourage you to go further along your journey.

if in doubt pray, with all your heart, morning noon and night if you have to...

you gain the right to do the work for loved ones that have passed away, i have done this for my granny and it's a special feeling, because you feel so much closer to them, you are able to be baptised for them and bound to them also in the temple, you also gain the holy spirit, your testimony... and a family < other church members >

personally for me i gained alot more, a family and a happier more positive way of thinking.

it does change your life in a positive way... :)