Was Tarp necessary???

bytor2112

It was absolutely nessacery. what would have been the human tragedy of letting the banks fail? the only thing that was bad about tarp was the bush administrations handling of the money, there was an awfull lot of money that didnt go where it was supposed to go.:)

It was absolutely nessacery. what would have been the human tragedy of letting the banks fail? the only thing that was bad about tarp was the bush administrations handling of the money, there was an awfull lot of money that didnt go where it was supposed to go.:)

Are you confined somewhere? On medication? A fifth grader perhaps? That might explain your comments. I would really appreciate it if you would back your statement up by some proof. Something that supports your statement. I get it, you don't like Bush......I am not a huge fan either. But, you make some rather ridiculous assertions. Most of Tarp I money was not used by Bush, it was left for Obama. Obama has deviated from the agreed upon framework for using Tarp money, not Bush.

Seriously, dump the kool-aid. Obama is behaving just like the man you loathe. I posted a thread that breaks down how Obama is just like Bush. Do yourself a favor and read it.........http://www.lds.net/forums/current-events/20415-obama-just-like-bush.html

Edited by bytor2112

Goldman Sacks wants to return the 10B TARP money. They needed short term loans to backstop a liquidity issue. The "toxic" assets would have taken care of themselves. They were nothing but over-priced assets and a market correction was necessary.

Banks fail due to low levels of liquidity. ALL deposits are insured so account holders are fine. If a bank becomes insolvent it should fail and be taken over by the FDIC. The Darwinian theory at its best; ONLY the fit survives. What they should have done is take over any and all insolvent institution and sell them in the open market. Rather, they let them take tax payers money so they can pay themselves billions in bonuses even though they should have been in bankrupcy if it was not for the TARP.

The "stimulus package" is nothing but a SPENDING bill that has sunk our nation in the largest deficit in history. They keep bailing out these large insolvent businesses and the small business, the real growth engine of the US economy, keep dying at a rate of 10,000 per quarter. Go figure!!!

lets also not forget he caused the Hurricane....:)