Why is it snowing in April?

DigitalShadow

Colorado Springs is gearing up for a biggie coming tonight and Friday. But such things are not out of the ordinary for this side of the rockies and this elevation.

Off subject...do you live in Colorado Springs? I love Colorado Springs and hope to move their in the not to distant future. My wife and I have visited the Northgate Ward and hope to move to the Pine creek area.

Probably because we keep praying for enough moisture to make it through the summer!

:eek:

:D

I had envisioned this late season moisture prayer to encompass rain and possibly higher humidity. Even just a change in the dew point is preferable to this snow!

Let's specify April rain next time....

:lol:

It is by the power of the Wicked Witch of the West, otherwise known as Elphaba.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, and one more HATE summer. I am extremely heat-intolerant, and even spring is too hot for me.

So I am LOVING the cool!

You'll get your spring soon enough, and Elphaba will be melting. :P

Elph

Off subject...do you live in Colorado Springs? I love Colorado Springs and hope to move their in the not to distant future. My wife and I have visited the Northgate Ward and hope to move to the Pine creek area.

We live on the outskirts of C/S, and I work in the city right now. I know a few people from the Northgate ward. The area is growing (more slowly this year, but still growing). The groundbreaking on a new Stake Center in the area happened last week.

Join us, you'll love it!

LM

Here is the answer you are seeking. We are on the fringe change of a Pacific Dacadal Oscilation. What this means is we will be having some longer and colder winters for the next few years. Here is a explaination.

Pacific decadal oscillation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, global warming is still a really big issue. I grew up in Gig Harbor washington from the 70s to the 80s. We had some bad storms then but when I saw a picture of Gig Harbor bay frozen over in the 1950s that just blew me away. Same for BC canada. Lots of very cold and strong winters from the 30s-50s. Go a head and ask anyone who has lived in your area and is in there 80s what winters were like in the teen years and have lived in your area there entire life. you may be a bit shocked how cold and snowy it was when thay were young. The way I see it, global warming is a serios issue and will cause severe droughts and forest fires in the states and canada in the near future.

It snowed here too, about 3 inches. I just smiled when I saw it because I know deep in my heart soon the plan of the evil cacti-people will come to pass and all the earth will be covered in desert and we'll never see snow again.

But wow it's been a long winter hasn't it?