blue

bodhigirlsmiles

on those particularly bad days......

....your mom/dad/spouse/kids/whoever yelled at you....

.......you hit every light red and every single person on the road cuts you off.....

....work was a disaster....

.......you have no money.........

...(fill in terrible thing here)...

when it is one of those horrible days, what do you do to lift your spirits? do you read? go to a movie? a walk? take a nap?

for me, i love to garden. there is something so wonderful about getting dirt all over your hands and clothes and touching the earth. the smell, the feel, the color.....all of these help me to relax and find myself again.

it is true that you can center yourself anywhere and at any time with practice, but there is always something....that one special thing.....that makes everything right with the world again and washes away the blue.

what is yours?

Edited by bodhigirlsmiles

I like to listen to the right music. For me, the "right" music varies according to my mood, but I can generally find several songs I like on my playlist.

when you are in that cloudy frame of mind, do you find that you have to make yourself listen to the music that lifts you, and then find that it has? or do you listen to it knowing that it will lift you? (i'm not sure if that makes any sense ^_^)

for me, i love to garden. there is something so wonderful about getting dirt all over your hands and clothes and touching the earth. the smell, the feel, the color.....all of these help me to relax and find myself again.

ME TOO that is why winter is so hard on me... I am workng on several Zen/Meditation spots in my yard Garden..... a rock/cactus garden... a morning sun garden to sit and start my day........ a shady meditation garden with a water feature.. plants etc... mind you these are small productions using the resources I have and my imagination... I have started plants inside and getting ready to start planting outside... I also have a rose garden.... so am busy this time of year and hands are dirty YIPPIE :}

it is interesting, too, when that intense blue ends up leading you down the long, winding road to contemplation. that time when you are not sad, nor are you happy. you just are. these are those glorious times when your mind is open to possibilities and you forget yourself and take nothing for granted. you are radically and utterly open to newness and an extension of the beliefs that you already hold dear.

blue can be the color of growth, i think.

ME TOO that is why winter is so hard on me... I am workng on several Zen/Meditation spots in my yard Garden..... a rock/cactus garden... a morning sun garden to sit and start my day........ a shady meditation garden with a water feature.. plants etc... mind you these are small productions using the resources I have and my imagination... I have started plants inside and getting ready to start planting outside... I also have a rose garden.... so am busy this time of year and hands are dirty YIPPIE :}

it is hard not to get carried away, don't you think? do you ever find yourself spending more money on plants than on food? or bills? or clothes? or anything? ok, so it can be a sickness. there, i just admitted it. is that the first to recovery? do i need to recover?? :eek:

seriously though.....a garden is a magical place. seneca once said that, if a man has a garden and a library he has everything he needs. wasn't it john keats who said, "a thing of beauty is a joy forever?"

Edited by bodhigirlsmiles

blue can be the color of growth, i think.

I am trying to look at blue times / depression differently... mabey I need tine to slow down reflect..... Breathing is really important to me and helps me to calm... re-group- center .. I learned alot from the Tao of Breath.. since I moved I cant find the papers but I feel better if I use the principles learned.... in addition to my meditation.... When I do my breathing first I am more open to the meditation......

I am trying to look at blue times / depression differently... mabey I need tine to slow down reflect.....

it isn't easy, is it? sometimes you just have to stop. literally. just stop and take a look around at all of the miracles.

the curve of each blade of grass.

the taste of sunlight.

the smell of snow.

the infectious laughter of a child, any child.

the warmth of a smile.

on those particularly bad days......

....your mom/dad/spouse/kids/whoever yelled at you....

.......you hit every light red and every single person on the road cuts you off.....

....work was a disaster....

.......you have no money.........

...(fill in terrible thing here)...

when it is one of those horrible days, what do you do to lift your spirits? do you read? go to a movie? a walk? take a nap?

it is true that you can center yourself anywhere and at any time with practice, but there is always something....that one special thing.....that makes everything right with the world again and washes away the blue.

what is yours?

I play the guitar - mostly a classical style - sometimes, but rarely do I play some old 50 and 60 rock and roll.

The Traveler

Lately? I force myself to go to the gym, even if I don't feel like going. The endorphins released during exercise help lighten my mood, and I can feel the pressures of the day flow away. Many times I don't want to go, but by the time I leave I'm glad I went.

i have heard this from soooo many people (mainly my friends trying to get me to go). how do you get past the "i think i'll go and die now" stage of going to the gym? i know that excercise is good for a person, but i just can't seem to get into it. any tips for getting past that point to where it is a joy to go?

i have heard this from soooo many people (mainly my friends trying to get me to go). how do you get past the "i think i'll go and die now" stage of going to the gym? i know that excercise is good for a person, but i just can't seem to get into it. any tips for getting past that point to where it is a joy to go?

Don't work too hard too quickly. Start by just walking on the treadmill, and work up to adding weight training. Don't try to compete with anyone else. Go at a pace, weight or exercise that will bring you to a good sweat without injury. As you go more, you will learn to listen to your body and what you can do without overdoing it. If you have never been, talk to a trainer or staff at the gym about proper use of the equipment and training techniques to help you avoid injury and work toward your fitness goals. I would stay away from 'boot-camp' types because they tend to work you to injury or exhaustion or to the point where you don't enjoy the process.