I'm A Reverend Myself

Originally posted by alpha_female@Mar 5 2005, 02:24 PM

Even though I'm female, I am an ordained minister. Hope you're not offended that a woman has this priesthood!

PFFFFFFFTTTTTT :ph34r: Not offended......just don't give a flying rats behind.

I prefer MEN myself

Sorry Jenda.....it was just too good to pass up ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JRodan

Originally posted by john doe@Mar 6 2005, 11:28 PM

Your priesthood authority holds no water with those who don't believe in it. Are you trying to impress us?

Boy, if only I had a share of dot com stock for everytime I heard that on my mission.

Guest JRodan

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 5 2005, 03:49 PM

Hope you enjoy solitude. Nobody will respond to you with the attitude you have assumed. :o

You know, you do have the power to delete your post. No one will probably notice. I know I sometimes speak too soon and rue the moment.

Originally posted by alpha_female@Mar 5 2005, 03:24 PM

Even though I'm female, I am an ordained minister. Hope you're not offended that a woman has this priesthood!

I have met many female ministers with the Association of Unity Church who have a profound ministry and I'm astounded with the number of miraculous healings they bring about. It is not for me to "judge" someones authority to represent Jesus by way of gender alone, I look at the "wake" they cause by moving among the people and how they lead people to Him.

I am offended with arrogance though. A "true" priesthood member need not tell others they "got it", rather they let the light of God emanate from them as proof enough.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Mar 31 2005, 06:17 PM

And of course she doesn't "officially" have the authority to act in God's name. It's not the priesthood that we don't recognize, it's the authority.

I find that the term "officially" becomes a relative term when we equate this between God and man. Samuel "officially" had authority to represent God and the Nephites didn't recognize it, so since the Nephites didn't recognize his authority was it any less "official" in the eyes of God?

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Guest Cellaradom

Thunder, we are not trying to talk down to any person, we believe that men must has authority by God to hold His priesthood. If a man does not have the authority then it is not recognized by God. It doesn't matter if other people don't recognize it, it matters that God reconized it. People may not recognize it because they believe and have faith that there is no authority of God present. I'm not into the whole, "YOU SHALL BE HEALED!" ect., but I see it as a scared ordiance used humbly and should not be taken lightly.

Originally posted by Cellaradom@Apr 1 2005, 02:11 PM

I'm not into the whole, "YOU SHALL BE HEALED!" ect., but I see it as a scared ordiance used humbly and should not be taken lightly.

I have had opportunities to participate in a couple of "Pentecostal" type services and they were a little too over the top for my taste. They babble in tongues then interpret what was said which I believe to be against scripture. I have seen them "smack" people in the head and say "BE HEALED", and I agree that none of it appears humble.

But then Romans 8:26 tells us that the spirit of God prays "intercession" for us in groans that human words cannot utter, and I believe that Melchisedec authority allows us to "listen" to that still small spirit and "hear" enough so we can at least pray for these wondrous blessings to unfold. If God simply says ask and that we will receive, I believe we just need to listen and learn how to ask for the things we can “see” in his hands.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire