Thomas S. Monson - Saturday Morning

Cra-Z

I can't believe nobody has talked about this talk. It was so awesome and there was a huge prophecy. This is amazing:

"It has been my privilege during the past six months to meet with leaders of countries and with representatives of governments. Those with whom I’ve met feel kindly toward the Church and our members, and they have been cooperative and accommodating. There remain, however, areas of the world where our influence is limited and where we are not allowed to share the gospel freely. As did President Spencer W. Kimball over 32 years ago, I urge you to pray for the opening of those areas, that we might share with them the joy of the gospel. As we prayed then in response to President Kimball’s pleadings, we saw miracles unfold as country after country, formerly closed to the Church, was opened. Such will transpire again as we pray with faith." (Emphasis added.)

I'm so excited about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

That is exciting. I have always wondered why it takes us praying for it in order for it to happen when they tell us time and time again that this work will move forward with or without us. I mean God is all powerful right? So he can make it happen despite us.

All I can think of is he wants us to do this so because it will help our faith grow. I know as we do it as well we will learn and grow in many more ways than I can comprehend right now, but can anyone think of other reasons?

If I am thinking too much into it just tell and I won't bring it up again.

The answer to that is in the Bible Dictionary my friend:

The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to share with everyone, that my boyfriend is an LDS member, and he has just move to China where there is NO church and he is not allowed by law to share the gospel.

It's hard for him because he can not take sacrement, has no bishop to talk to, no priesthood holders to help discuss the gospel or teach him in person.

There are many man mainland Chinese people living or studying in Australia. And there were a lot in my ward back in Australia (I'm in Spain at the moment).

Nearly every second week chinese people were getting baptised. Hearing their testimony is amazing because these people have NEVER heard the gospel, or about Jesus. And when you see them speak, you see they are affected by the spirit.

I think China will be the next big super power in the world, and will have a very big role to play in our future of the world. Don't forget just how many people live in China !! Their population is incredible.

That also means, there are millions upon millions of people who have NEVER heard the gospel.

Thank you for posting this point from General Conference. I also urge everyone to pray for China in particular to become open