The two seals on the Book of Mormon

Hemidakota

ARTICLE LINK: MormonTimes - The two seals on the Book of Mormon

You will need to read it....I have reservation on what is given on the second seal.

But the sealed portion is available. In easy to read PDF format:)

or here (different version)

The Oracles of Mohonri -- Sealed portion of Book of Mormon

Wouldn't the sealed portion be the plates a Laban? I don't recall any "old info" in the BoM and apparently they were important enough to kill for.

Edited by hordak

Wouldn't the sealed portion be the plates a Laban?

The plates of Laban contained primarily Old Testament writings, that we know of. Oliver Cowdery (I believe...someone correct me if I'm wrong) once spoke of numberless plates that he and Joseph Smith saw. Surely there's more in the sealed portion than writings we already have.

There are some interesting concepts given in the article and in the discussion taking place on this forum. But there is one glaring misunderstanding missing from the discussion of seals. All sacred things that are given of G-d to man come by way of covenant. The Book of Mormon can only be “unsealed” by covenant. Many people read the Book of Mormon and claim to have done so sincerely but have no conviction because the book remained spiritually sealed because they with hold their covenant.

So also many when they leave the faith break their covenant and thereby lose their spiritual conviction of truths. Many times on this forum I have attempted to teach that the doctrine of “just believing” is blasphemous in that the concept desecrates and denies sacred covenant that is always necessary in reconciling with G-d.

The reason that the “Golden Plates” are removed from the world is because of wickedness of desecration of covenant. Please note that desecration of covenant comes by two means through wickedness. The first is by personal violation and denial of sacred things. The second is through ridicule and persecution of the righteous or those that do not violate sacred covenants.

In summary there are two seals that withhold the spirit concerning the Book of Mormon. First is a general covenant malediction that is prevalent in the world that is denied the spiritual truths because of contempt for the truths restored. The second is a withholding of the knowledge for all things from the beginning to the end because the saints, as a body are remiss in their reveled covenants. For all things are reveled line upon line upon line and precept upon precept upon precept.

The Traveler

Traveler, good post. It reminds me of some scriptures given to the saints.

D&C 84: 55-57

55 Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation.

56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all.

57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written—

Ezra Taft Benson seemed to indicate that the church was [is] still under condemnation. And since we aren't living the revealed law, I'd have to agree.

What is truly sad is that many, many members do not want more scripture. I hear it said time to time.