fashion through history

bodhigirlsmiles

in the history of the world fashion and clothing styles have changed dramatically. just for fun, what would say is your favorite era? for men? for women?

personally, i would have to pick jane austen's era and the 1940s/1950s for women and.....well, i'd probably pick the same for men.

what say all of you? :huh:

Edited by bodhigirlsmiles

I would have to agree with you on your choice. 40's and 50's are awesome clothes. That would be my choice as well.

If you look at some of the shoes that are considered fashionable today and compare them to shoes worn in the 40's...you will see some similarities. At least I do.

I would have to agree with you on your choice. 40's and 50's are awesome clothes. That would be my choice as well.

If you look at some of the shoes that are considered fashionable today and compare them to shoes worn in the 40's...you will see some similarities. At least I do.

it is certainly true, of the two choices it would be easier today to dress more 40s or 50s. if i were to walk out of my home dressed like jane austen, it would be sure to raise a few eyebrows. :)

The 80's man! OF COURSE!

converse high tops, Leg warmers, neon tights, leather skirt, neon t-shirt, beaded leather jacket with mega shoulder pads, and scrunched up hair... oh, i forgot the lace gloves with cut-off fingers and 20 bangles around one wrist.

What were we thinking??? But, yeah, they were my favorites!

I just can't fathom how guys nowadays wear their pants almost down their knees with jockeys showing, shirts so baggy you can put 2 backstreet boys in them, hair all tangled looking like they just rolled out of bed, and we're supposed to swoon?

Edited by anatess

I wish I could have lived in 1880's-1915-ish. And been wealthy. :lol: The big hats, the gorgeous ladies suits, and lacy blouses with gloves. Love it all.

isn't it funny how (well, at least to me it is), for the large part of history, men have worn fairly simple clothing compared to ladies' big dresses? and yet, during jane austen's day, women wore very simple dresses while the men were more peacock-like.

The 80's man! OF COURSE!

converse high tops, Leg warmers, neon tights under leather skirt, neon t-shirt, beaded leather jacket with mega shoulder pads, and scrunched up hair... oh, i forgot the lace gloves with cut-off fingers and 20 bangles around one wrists.

What were we thinking??? But, yeah, they were my favorites!

:eek: for reals? crazy much? :)

There are things about numerous times in fashion that I love. However, I do love the look of the old peasant style Mexican attire. Peasant blouses, flowing skirts, sandals. Now that's my kind of dressing.

I wish I could have lived in 1880's-1915-ish. And been wealthy. :lol: The big hats, the gorgeous ladies suits, and lacy blouses with gloves. Love it all.

The Edwardian era is my absolute favourite! I am trying to hunt down a photographer that will do a photoshoot with us dressed in Edwardian outfits. The 20s were also amazing. Flapper girls, the hats and cigarette holders!! Soooo elegant ^_^

What era were the fashions based on for the movie "Hero"? I think it was the Xin dynasty. Those styles for women were quite nice. However some of the fashion of the Qing dynasty looked appealing as well.

The Jane Austin era kinda freaks me out as people didn't bathe all that much in England and wore fabrics that did not allow for much ventilation for the skin. Rashes and other skin infections must have been rampant.