Here We Go Again

Churchmouse

This strain of the Swine Flu is going to kill us all. When they can't find an astriod heading for Earth to kill us they come up with another disease. In 1976 they vaccinated millions against that dreaded flu. In the end 31 people died. One from the flu and thirty from the vaccine.

BTW, where is the Surgeon General while all of this is going on. Shouldn't he be at the forefront. Who is the Surgeon General? Do we have one? Has Obama been able to find a Democrat with a medical degree that paid their taxes?

This too shall pass. Then we'll be back to Global Warming. In the 90's we were all going to die by 2010 because of the destrucion of the Ozone.:) I guess these "researchers" have to keep coming up with something new to justify receiving a paycheck.

In the 90's we were all going to die by 2010 because of the destrucion of the Ozone.:)

Everyone knows it's 2012. End of the mayan calender :D

But yes this does remind me of the Avian flu, sars, west nile, and flesh eating bacteria epidemics.

It is important to be prepared, but to play chicken little with every disease is getting old.

You mean ENOCH calendar. Nothing makes me laugh harder when historian credits a culture for someone else's work.....and no. I will be laughing as I did when 2000 rolled around.

If you are seeking for that pandemic disease that will destroy millions or perhaps billions of people, referring to an earlier account of one of the President's of the church, it will be something on the order that can turned the inside of one's body to jello and allow body parts to decay rapidly. :) I highly doubt it will happen in 2012.

mutated animal virii are a real threat, probably not worthy of such hysteria but a threat nonetheless. I have friends who know much more on the subject than I and they assure me that we are well overdue for a serious global pandemic. I think it is advisable to avoid crowded areas and hospitals where practical, particularly if there are reported cases in your state. This swine flu apparently has a 10% mortality rate for those infected so far which is nothing to sneeze at.

Deadly or not its driving the price of pork down, I like pork. Posted Image

The National Pork Council has asked that there be a name change because people really believe they can get it from eating pork. Either there are a lot of ignorant people in this country or the news media thinks there are. One consideration is the Mexican Flu. Isn't that politically incorrect?:)

Then people will be afraid to eat tacos.

I was thinking the same thing... I think I'll be having more meals with pork if this price trend continues... I love irrational fear...

I likes me my bacon, and it freezes well. Same with pork roasts. I love irrational fear too, well at least when it benefits me and doesn't get to far out of hand.

The National Pork Council has asked that there be a name change because people really believe they can get it from eating pork. Either there are a lot of ignorant people in this country or the news media thinks there are. One consideration is the Mexican Flu. Isn't that politically incorrect?:)

Then people will be afraid to eat tacos.

Oh! I got it. I doubt it did the paper work to cross the border, so we shall simply call it Illegal Flu! :)