men vs. women.....let the battle begin :)

bodhigirlsmiles

I don't like women doctors, in general. I've always asked for male doctors, even my OBGYN is a guy. There was one female student doctor in the surgery room when my son was being born, and I asked her to leave. I just wanted to punch her in the face the entire time because she wouldn't shut up about the "miracle of birth".

I had a female OB that was part of an OB "group". While I was 5 months pregnant, she decided to quit! So, in my next appointment, this gorgeous 37-year-old male OB took her place. I shouted FOUL and insisted on getting another female OB - well, there is none. They're all males now. So, I told him I'm not disrobing not even just the belly. We ended up just talking about the pregnancy in general. So, in the course of the conversation, I asked him, I can't understand how a man can be qualified to be an OB when they have never been through a "period". Well, he said, almost all oncologysts have never had cancer either. And, it is even better to have a male OB because when you say it really hurts, they don't automatically assume that, heck, you're just being a... (grr, I don't know the word...) sissy (but a girl, sorry for the inappropriate word). He became my best friend then and there. But, I did make my husband go with me to all my appointments from then on.

PC versus the Mac, with women being the Mac.

Lol, so basically women are expensive, a lot of people pretend to know a lot about them but few people really do, they look flashy but when you become familiar with them you realise they don't do as much as they were advertised to do and when they break they can be really difficult to fix and sometimes due to the nature of the breakage it would be much cheaper and a lot less hassle just to get another one.

I'll get my coat...

Edited by Mahone

I had a female OB that was part of an OB "group". While I was 5 months pregnant, she decided to quit! So, in my next appointment, this gorgeous 37-year-old male OB took her place. I shouted FOUL and insisted on getting another female OB - well, there is none. They're all males now. So, I told him I'm not disrobing not even just the belly. We ended up just talking about the pregnancy in general. So, in the course of the conversation, I asked him, I can't understand how a man can be qualified to be an OB when they have never been through a "period". Well, he said, almost all oncologysts have never had cancer either. And, it is even better to have a male OB because when you say it really hurts, they don't automatically assume that, heck, you're just being a... (grr, I don't know the word...) sissy (but a girl, sorry for the inappropriate word). He became my best friend then and there. But, I did make my husband go with me to all my appointments from then on.

Thats funny because I refuse to go to a women ob, i've never had a good experience with the women. Male OB providers are much more gentle.

I would have to say that there is a difference, but it is because of hormones, that’s all (taking out nature vs. nurture and learned behavior). Hormones, estrogen produced by females and testosterone produced by males is the reason that you think the way you do. Because of these hormones men and women’s brains are wired different. A lot can happen if your body produces too much of a hormone, causing things like depression. So essentially I would say yes, men and women are inherently different.

Lol, so basically women are expensive, a lot of people pretend to know a lot about them but few people really do, they look flashy but when you become familiar with them you realise they don't do as much as they were advertised to do and when they break they can be really difficult to fix and sometimes due to the nature of the breakage it would be much cheaper and a lot less hassle just to get another one.

I'll get my coat...

You forgot the part about evoking an emotional response in their users.

;)

What does it have to do with their sexual orientation? That makes me sad too. All of these selfish women out there breaking the law of nature by asking to play with the boys.

In fact, I read that scientists predict this particular protective law of nature will start cracking in 2011 if all of these billions of women don't stop being so selfish.

But there is a bright side. This way we won't have to wait for gay marriage to bring about the end of the species.

Elphaba

Hey, this warranted big time lobbying during the ERA era. Much effort must be expended to resist change.

:)