Probably an easy Prayer question

On Sunday I was looking at the prayers Jesus taught in 3 Nephi and Matthew.

I noticed that he taught to close the prayer "Amen" and did not teach to say "In the name of JC."

My husband and I couldn't find out when or how we knew to close the way we currently do. We just found all the missionary and ensign articles that teach the current way.

It is obvious in the scrips that all ordinances are done "in the name of JC." I just can't find scriptural evidence of praying "in the name of JC." Oh, the dedicatory prayer in D&C 109 is done in his name, but that would also be an ordinance wouldn't it?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I realize we could be missing something obvious.

Here are the scriptures where we learn the order of prayer:

Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

3 Nephi 13:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

11 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

12 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

13 For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

Edited by TruthSeekerToo

Here are a couple of examples, one from the preaching of Jesus and the other from Mormon....I found many other examples but I think this should suffice....hope this helps

John 16: 23

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Mormon 9: 21

Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

Here's another:

3 Nephi 18:

19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;

20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.

3 Nephi 18 is an awesome prayer chapter if you want some good reading about prayer.