Sabbath Day

That was a really good article, ty!

The part about the roommates at BYU was really funny. I'm reminded of a time when I was about 11, on a umm..what class are the 11 year old girls in? lol it was a while ago. Anyways, we were going to the Idaho Falls temple to look around the grounds and stopped off at McDonalds, where I in complete innocence ordered a Coke. You should have seen the looks I got, it probably would have been the same if I'd've ordered a baby-bunny smoothie. It made me the philosophical person I am today. After all, if we're pointed in the right direction who cares if someone's family lets them play on the trampoline on Sunday?

That was a really good article, ty!

The part about the roommates at BYU was really funny. I'm reminded of a time when I was about 11, on a umm..what class are the 11 year old girls in? lol it was a while ago. Anyways, we were going to the Idaho Falls temple to look around the grounds and stopped off at McDonalds, where I in complete innocence ordered a Coke. You should have seen the looks I got, it probably would have been the same if I'd've ordered a baby-bunny smoothie. It made me the philosophical person I am today. After all, if we're pointed in the right direction who cares if someone's family lets them play on the trampoline on Sunday?

Whats really funny is on a Sunday evening your all sitting around at home and someone decides Ice Cream...gotta have it....problem is there is none....everyone sits around talking about it and you decide...okay....I'm going in....you get your keys and off to the store you go to buy Ice Cream. You enter the store and go to the Ice Cream section...and what do you find....another member from your ward with Ice Cream in their hands......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your post was meant to humorous, Pale, but I just wanted to point out that this is exactly why we are to measure ourselves to the standard, and not to each other. I have tried so hard to engrain my kids with the notion of doing what they believe the commandment teaches, and not what everyone else thinks the commandment teaches... or to do what they believe is right not what their friends think is right.

OK, back on topic...

I know your post was meant to humorous, Pale, but I just wanted to point out that this is exactly why we are to measure ourselves to the standard, and not to each other. I have tried so hard to engrain my kids with the notion of doing what they believe the commandment teaches, and not what everyone else thinks the commandment teaches... or to do what they believe is right not what their friends think is right.

OK, back on topic...

yes....was suppose to be humorous....but this very thing has happened to me a couple of times....we had a laugh about it...

There needs to be a laugh button on this thread!

Funny you should say that Pale..we went for a walk yesterday and there was a park so we went in there and let off some steam, it was really fun. Trouble was, afterwards we were starving so we went to McDonalds. As we were walking out my DH jokingly turned round and said, ' 'Allo Bishop (or insert name of uber-member of the ward here)!! Fancy seeing you here!'

Just a reminder that no ones perfect and we all do things like that now and again.