Differences between familysearch.org and newfamilysearch?

Hi,

I see both these sites out there.

One appears to be for everyone to use, and the "new" appears for only members. But the logon screen has only appeared in the last few days.

I don't know anything about these sites. I'm not into genealogy at all, but would like to know what the difference is.

Thanks

New Familysearch is for use by members and they are slowly rolling it out across America. We've had it for many months. Utah will be the last to get it.

Main difference is that it is interactive. You have a family tree that shows yourself, children, parents, spouse. You can change and add info, merge files (be careful). You can contact other members working on the same line (they don't always reply).

You can also reserve names to do the temple work for and prepare them all from home.

It's pretty nifty.

Even with current FamilySearch, you have to be an LDS member in order to log in and view ordinance data.

Since New Family Search will be geared towards submitting names for temple work and editing (not just viewing) genealogical data, allowing non-Mormons to access the system would be inviting trouble.

• 1 year later...
Hidden

You can't believe the problems I am having with signing up to get in to Me and My Ancestors. I have such a limited time, I have spent two hours trying to get into what I am looking for for rewearch. Please help me. First you say that my sign in user name and password is wrong, and also I don't have the right e mail that I have had for years. Please help me.

You can't believe the problems I am having with signing up to get in to Me and My Ancestors. I have such a limited time, I have spent two hours trying to get into what I am looking for for rewearch. Please help me. First you say that my sign in user name and password is wrong, and also I don't have the right e mail that I have had for years. Please help me.

You are contacting the wrong place. Lds.net is not affiliated with the Church's family history website. You need to contact them.