Mission Call

Cra-Z

• 1 month later...
Guest JoshDwellington

Just being curious, how much Russian do you speak ? :lol:

Have a friend who's at the MTC now, she serves in Estonia, heard these languages were hard to learn

They don't tell you those kind of things. If you're talking to President Monson anytime soon ask him for me. ;-)

Will do! Should have asked him at the Conference Center when we were both there on Friday.

But seriously, they just sent you an addendum to your call?

My understanding is that they are currently having issues with Missionary Visas and Russia, they're requiring something like a renewal every 3 months forcing the church to fly them out of the country during the process (admittedly my understanding of the details isn't exactly rock solid), or at least that was the case a while ago, maybe its become the case again?

Cra-Z, when I went on my mission they had VISA problems with the whole Eastern Europe block. Everyone going to an Eastern Europe mission was called into a special meeting at the MTC (we were already there) and it was announced that due to VISA restrictions only x amount of missionaries can go to the country. So, many missionaries either got a different mission or left at a different time. In my mission, out of 10 missionaries, 3 had to spend another month in the MTC before they could enter the country.

It could be the same with you. Since you are not in the MTC, you may not be given the reasons why. But it could be VISA problems and in order to try to avoid those problems, some missionaries are going at a different time or even having a different mission altogether.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hidden

Well I have one more way for you to continue your mission work :). I am Christian and am very naieve to your religon. Even though I have sat through your sermons I still feel like I didn't get the "gem," part of it. I'm doing a research paper and would love to have an interview with you some how maybe through email or maybe you could teach me a new way on here. I promise to try not to be bias .... but I do have a few tough questions I do have to admitt. Lets face it when it comes to religon it is a BIG deal....or else you wouldn't have served two years being a missionary right? ;)

thank you and God Bless,

Mama Moni